Friday, January 16, 2009

Rest in peace lovely lady!


"I've lived by a man's code designed to fit a man's world, yet at the same time I never forget that a woman's first job is to choose the right shade of lipstick." -Carole Lombard

Today is the 67th anniversary of the passing of Carole Lombard.

She was one of the most beautiful and talented actresses ever. And I just love her.

She died in a plane crash, in the service of the United States, selling war bonds, and was posthumously awarded the Medal of Freedom by President Roosevelt as the first woman killed in the line of duty in WWII.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of her:

Her and her second husband Clark Gable (her first was William Powell).





Her and Robert Montgomery on the set of "Mr. And Mrs. Smith".


And some individual shots of the gorgeous Carole.







Dear, Carole I will always love her!

-Millie

3 comments:

Graciebird said...

I can't believe I haven't commented on this!!! What a lovely tribute. She was an absolute rose; I love her.

She died the day before my birthday, 49 years later. :(

Millie said...

She was amazing!

So sad! :-(

VP81955 said...

A nice tribute to Carole here...I cordially invite all of you to visit -- and join -- my Lombard community, "Carole & Co."

http://community.livejournal.com/carole_and_co/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin