Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Superior Scribbler Award!



Yesterday, dear, Kate-Gabrielle of Silents and Talkies gave me an award. She had been previously given the award and kindly honored me with it too. I just wanted to say, thanks ever so! (I can never help, but say that...it comes from watching "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" too much. But, hey at least I didn't use that oh-so clever, but oft-overused, "My father thanks you, my mother thanks you....." from "Yankee Doodle Dandy". ;-D) Anyways, My duty now is to pass it on to five other blogs.


I choose:


Sarah of Cinema Splendor

Why? Because she is does the most interesting posts ever. She is hilarious. And she stupendously amazingly cool.


Harly of Dreaming In Black and White

Why? Because she is almost scarily clever. She too is hilarious. She uses really cool words. And we have decided, she is (or I am) the schizophrenic version of the other.


Matilda of Matildas Delights

Why? Because her posts make me happy. She makes loverly posts, with lovely photos. And she loves "Mr. And Mrs. Smith" (with Carole and Robert) as much as I do.


Emme of songs I sing

Why? Because I love her writing, so beautiful and descriptive. And, her photos of vintage fashion are too amazing (I just loved the recent on on Vintage hats).


Genevieve of Classic Film Oasis

Why? Okay, I know Kate-Gabrielle gave this award to you too. But, I just love your posts. I mean, one has to be extremely cool to upload picture of old movie stars to a site, just to see what matches come up. And, any one who finds creepy coincidences in movies (like I am always doing) is definitely fascinating.


To those awarded here are the rules:


1. Name five other Superior Scribblers to receive this award.
2. Link to the author and name of the blog that gave you the award.
3. Display the award on your blog with this LINK which explains the award.
4. Click on the award at the bottom of the link and add your name to the bottom of the list.
5. Post the rules.


Thank you once again, Kate for this stupendous honor!



11 comments:

MissMatilda said...

Thank you sweetie xx I'll pass on the love xx

Millie said...

Your very welcome! It is quite deserved!

MissMatilda said...

I'm Honoured !

Sarah said...

Yay, thanks! I am an official Superior Scribbler now. :D

Millie said...

Absolutely!

(P.S. You can leave the bribe money in a trash can in Central Park...I'll be there to pick it up at six sharp.) LOL!

emme said...

Aww!! Thank you so much...I'm honoured!!

~Emily

Millie said...

I'm glad, and hope your mouth hurts less today! Braces=ughhh!

Graciebird said...

Dear, darling Millie, you really are a dream, an absolute dream! (Once again, taken from the most loverly novel of all time, The Great Gatsby). I greatly appreciate your warm, wunderbar words. Truly, this made my day, since I was having a positively dreadful time with my cold. (And I am currently wearing an absolute rose of a shirt with Audgers as Holly Golightly)!

Millie said...

Oh, you are too sweet.

I'm glad I brightened a dismal day. I hate colds, but am stricken with a perpetual one (asthma)! So, understand that awful feeling.

Good to see Audrey represented today! (Who, coincidentally had asthma too...that was one of the main reasons she lived in Switzerland...I just might do a post some time naming the coolest asthmatics!) ;-)

Genevieve said...

Thank you so much Millie! It's nice to know that someone thinks I'm cool ; )

Millie said...

Well, you totally are cool!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin