Saturday, March 14, 2009

The results are in...

The results to my poll, "Who was cooler?" are in...

Incidentally that was supposed to say who IS cooler, but when I tried to edit it, it went berserk and wouldn't let me change it!

Anyways...

In second (aka LAST) place is Paul Simon with 1 vote...





And the winner is...............with four votes...........................


Art Garfunkel!


Art was my personal choice! Paul Simon is wonderful (and very talented), but there is something about Art (perhaps it's the hair) that makes him infinitely cooler.

There are three main reasons why I love Art:

1. He is part of Simon and Garfunkel.

2. Everybody always says, Paul is better and more talented...naturally I take up the cause of the lesser-loved.

3. He guest starred as a singing moose on an episode of Arthur I used to watch over and over as a child. He endeared himself to me at right that moment. Plus I knew he had something to do with one of my favorite songs, "Homeward Bound". I've often wondered if I was a strange five-year-old.


But, no matter who won this contest (although I am pleased) everyone knows both were better together!







I have also included for your pleasure THE episode of Arthur, which actually was the only children's show I used to watch. I refused all others. I once walked away from an episode of Barney at the age of four because it had no plot nor story-line...and Sesame Street was quite out of the question (I really was strange...;-D).

The Ballad of Buster Baxter as sung by the Singing Moose (aka Art Garfunkel).

6 comments:

hana-bi. said...

Omg Arthur
I secretly still watch that show. It was my favorite when I was little.

MissMatilda said...

i like Edie Brickell and her early stuff, so would have voted for Paul Simon :-)

Millie said...

Hana-bi: Nice! Arthur was pretty amazing. I am certain I can quote every episode by heart.

Matilda: I see. Paul was pretty cool...but Art...and that hair...;-D

Lolita said...

You always have to pick the lesser loved! I'm happy Garfunkel won, for once. Have you seen him in Catch 22 and Carnal Knowledge? He was very cute as an actor!

Millie said...

Yeah a Garfunkel fan!

Unfortunately, I have not seen him in any acting roles (excepting for the aforementioned Moose role).

Lolita said...

See them! Watchable movies both of them. Very 1970ish ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin