Saturday, March 7, 2009

What a loverly treat!

The absolutely darling Sarah of Cinema Splendor has granted me this most wondrous award!



The Dardos Award is given for cultural, literary, and personal values in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.

The rules are simple:

1. Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.

2. Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

It was most difficult to choose five blogs, but here they are:


Harly (aka Graciebird) from Dreaming In Black And White
Her blog is delightful. Lately now she has been posting about different favorite movie characters, and this has brought me no end of enjoyment! She is spectacular as is her wunderbar blog!

Miss Matilda from Matilda's Delights
Miss Matilda is amazing. She has no end of fascinating ads (especially for Lux soap) and vintage articles. When reading a new blog post, one can ALWAYS expect to read something interesting! With an hilarious personal touch put on it.

Lolita from Lolita's Classics
Lolita's blog is one of my newer finds and it is superb! I go there knowing I am going to see something riotously entertaining, but also very knowledgeable and thoughtful. She seriously makes me laugh out loud every time!

Coryn from Oh La La Land
Coryn's blog is the one blog, that is NOT a vintage blog. It is a fashion blog. And I love it! It makes me happy to just visit and read her loverly posts. Whether she's talking about leaf earrings or adorable aprons, her blog is always fascinating!

Kate-Gabrielle (I know Sarah gave it to you too, but I ADORE your blog) from Silents And Talkies
Kate's blog is amazing. She has stupendous sketches and paintings that accompany exquisite posts about everything and everyone! She is also hilarious and that is a very important thing in a blog, for me.

Congratulations to everyone awarded. And thanks again to the Darling Sarah!

6 comments:

MissMatilda said...

Thank you so much for this smashing award! I am delighted you like my delightful musings.
I'm going to have a peep at the other blogs just now, I am pretty sure that I'll be loving everyone you love too! xxx

Graciebird said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Its going to be awful hard staying away from the blogger circle, but thanks again! I think today will be my last day of even looking at any blogs, so I'm afraid I can't do much with this wunderbar award, except say thank you...if I had to give it to five blogs, I'd give one to Coryn for Miss Sailboat, one to Genevieve of Classic Film Oasis, Colleen over at Miscellaneous Things and Info, Lauren's In Retrospective, and Nicole's Classic Hollywood Nerd.

Farewell Millie, until...I don't know, the end of April???

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!

Millie said...

You absolutely deserve it! They are so delightful. Definitely check them out. They are all amazing. It is the best way to get every one to love you...give them awards... ;-D

Millie said...

Harly, it will be so sad without you! Truly something bleak and missing!

Millie said...

Thank you, Elizabeth!

BTW, I adore your blog too! But, I saw that Lolita had already given you an award. And you definitely deserve an award for like the coolest blog name ever! Hehehe!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin