Thursday, April 30, 2009

THE SPLASH AWARD!

Okay, so I am quite sorry that I have taken so very long to respond to the great honors bestowed upon me by the inimitable Alexis of Ingrid Bergman Life and Films and the equally amazing Casey of Noir Girl.

They were both such lovely surprises. I was checking my e-mail at Heathrow Airport in London (on route back from Sierra Leone, Africa). And I got so excited. I was walking back to my group and they all thought something had happened, they asked me and I said..."My blog won two awards" (hahaha, they weren't quite as excited as me)....

Anyways, down to business:

"The Splash award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs. When you receive this award, you must:

1. Put the logo on your blog/post.
2. Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash award."


Here are some of my choices (although I wish I could give it to everyone!):

Graciebird (aka Harley) of Dreaming In Black And White
Harley is amazing! Her blog is super amazing too. I get so excited when I see a new post from her on my Dashboard because I know it will entertain me, make me smarter, and teach me a bunch of super-cool new words...;-)

Sarah of Cinema Splendor
Sarah and her blog are the very essence of this award. Her blog allures, amuses, bewitches, impresses, and inspires me! In fact, she inspired the very start of my blog. Sarah (Harley too) and I go way back to the TCM Message Boards. Sarah started her blog and asked for my input. I thought it was AMAZING! And that started me wanting a blog. So, for better or worse you have Sarah to thank (or blame profusely) for this blog. Anyways, Sarah and her blog are too loverly for words!

Lolita of Lolita's Classics
Lolita is cool. Quite enough said. Okay, a little more: Lolita is funny and clever and her blog is one of my absolute favorites. I would write more, but I used all the good phrases the last time I gave her an award. ;-)

Matilda of Matildas Delights
Matilda is fantastic. She writes so well and I adore her blog. Plus she lives in England...and that is an obvious cool-factor. ;-D Besides, she was so nice and encouraging to my blog when it first started that my blog-esteem went WAY up! Thanks, Matilda!

Kate-Gabrielle of Silent's and Talkies
Kate-Gabrielle does crazy-cool drawings and paintings. She's super funny. And I simply adore Eloise and Ramona. And her apartment posts. And her song of the week. And well, everything about her blog!

Nicole of Classic Hollywood Nerd
Nicole and I have amazingly similar tastes. And, I just adore all her posts. There is tons of variety, but with each post she has complete knowledge of the subject. Her current dancers theme is simply amazing. And love her new heading...ahh, James Dean...

Andrea and Kristine of On the Marquee
This blog is a new find, but I really like it. It is quite hilarious, and the posts are a definite joy. I love their "Quick Quips" and the other cool series they do. I am quite excited about finding their blog.

Thank you all for your great blogs!

-Millie

P.S. I have just discovered another great blunder I have made! WAY back in March, Emme of Songs I Sing gave my blog the Excellence Award! I never even acknowledged it! Please forgive me Emme...it was super-nice of you!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Ohhh wow, that is so incredibly sweet of you. Thank you so much for the award! I adore reading your blog and looking at the gorgeous pictures that you post!

Andrea said...

Thanks so much! This is great! We're so glad you enjoy our blog. We love yours too!

Kate Gabrielle said...

Thank you Millie :)
You are TOO sweet!

Alexis said...

Glad you were so happy about it! Hope your trip was AMAZING!! :)

Lolita said...

Thank you ever so much, Millie! Your words mean a lot to me! I hope I will get to my new apartment soon, so I can keep up with all the other great classic blogs...

Love //Lolita

Kristine said...

Millie, thanks so much for the kindness and inspiration to keep going! Andrea and I are going to start the process of paying forward the Splash Award :)

Graciebird said...

Why, thank you darling! What a wunderbar thing to say! Your blog usually bewitches me, but inspires me so much!

Sarah said...

WOOP WOOP
I have the biggest paragraph, omgyay.
Thanks for the award! :D :D (double smileys cause I'm excited :D!) woops there I go again.

Millie said...

You guys ALL deserved it immensely...and I'm glad you like the award.

MissMatilda said...

You have a superb blog. I love popping by and reading it.I am honoured you have given me this award. I just write about things I Like, it's my diary! I always think like minded souls find one another, we like the VERY same things! Keep up the great blog I adore every pixel.Much love xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin