Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Darlin' Darin's Birthday!


Today is the 73rd anniversary of Bobby Darin's birth.

My youngest brother (you know, the one who is nine and dressed up like James Dean for 50's day at his school/counts Bob Hope as his favorite actor/likes to watch Michael Kidd choreographed musicals with me) drew a sketch of Bobby for me. I just love it. I think it's amazing, especially considering the fact that he drew it from memory while he was in a car! What my brother likes to do is draw cartoonish drawings of famous Hollywood stars! Some of them are completely hilarious!


Anyways, back to Bobby Darin...

Bobby was one of the most extraordinary performers and human beings ever! I simply adore him!



"It isn't true that you live only once. You only die once. You live lots of times, if you know how. "


(With his wife, Sandra Dee.)


(With his son, Dodd.)

Here's a little slide-show of Bobby and Sandra I did recently:


Happy Birthday, Bobby!

My previous post on Bobby.
IMDb
Wikipedia
BobbyDarin.com

5 comments:

Kate Gabrielle said...

great post, Millie... I love your brother's drawing. He's so talented!

Millie said...

Aww, thanks Kate...I will tell him. It will mean a lot coming from you! He absolutely adores your paintings and drawings! He always makes me show him any new ones. He doesn't think he's very good, though. So, this will definitely mean a lot!

Hamlette said...

For 9, that's an awesome drawing! I could've told it was Bobby even if I wasn't expecting it to be. I'm envious of his talent ;-)

Longer than always is a long, long time, but longer than forever, I'll be Bobby's.

Graciebird said...

Oh how sweet and happy birthday to Bobby! And your brother can draw!

"You live lots of times..." what an inspiring quote. I'm going to live it now!

Millie said...

Hamlette: Thanks, I am envious too!

So, will I! I'll be Bobby's LONGER! ;-D

Harley: I'm glad you like the quote. Bobby was always saying cool things. Because he's a genius...remember...;-D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin