Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nobody wears a headband better than Donna Loren!


Donna Loren is probably most famous for being the "Dr. Pepper Girl". But, she also starred in movies, TV shows, sang amazingly, and she wears a headband like no other!




I must confess my favorite part of the Beach Party films is when she gets up to sing...






Forget cool headbands! I want that little car-thing!


The girl in the background is glum because she can't wear headbands like Donna does, nor can she master the super flipped-out hair, nor does she even get a cool little car-thing!



So, do you agree? Donna was the master of the sixties headband?

Check her out, singing It Only Hurts When I Cry.

7 comments:

Kate Gabrielle said...

Okay, I officially want to die my hair dark brown and wear headbands now. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

WOW! She really does have the perfect 60s hair! Btw that comment about the girl in the background was hillarious! So true!lol
I really love your blog!

Millie said...

Kate: Hahaha, so do I!

Anonymous: Donna was amazing. Thanks!

kaplan said...

donna was fantastic & lovely

Anonymous said...

Nor should we forget her appearance in Batman, season 1, episodes 15 and 16, as Susie, head cheerleader and perky undercover crook!

Anonymous said...

Haha, great article! Donna's still making music! www.donnaloren.net

Pokey said...

I love Donna..and know where the 1960s headband;/style in part for Hairspray (es.the 2007 version starring Nikki Blonsky as Tracey) for Tracey comes from.:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin