Monday, June 8, 2009

Photo of the Day!

Hey, sorry about nothing since Saturday! It's been a really busy weekend!

Coming soon (tonight or tomorrow morning) will be my Lovely Lady post, featuring Natalie Wood.

For now:


James Dean and Pier Angeli....why would she ever choose Vic over James?


Speaking of strange choices:

I was watching Little Women (90's version) the other day. Every time I watch any version of the movie (I've seen the 30's, 40's, and 90's version) I always find myself spending the first half just watching the joyful loverlyness of it all, and the second half trying to figure out why Jo turned down Laurie and why she even like the boring and ugly Baur! Am I the only one who can never stand the character of the Professor? He always annoys me! And poor Laurie (in any version) getting stuck with Amy..........

9 comments:

Nicole said...

I am always annoyed with Little Women because I love Laurie so much. Jo and the Professor are not a good match. Which version did you like the most? I liked the 1949 version the best with Peter Lawford as Laurie, I thought he was marvelous.

Java Bean Rush said...

You are not the only one who finds Jo's choice very odd.
Whenever I get the urge to rip out my hair over her choice, I just think of another character who chose wrong initially, but then ended up with the right guy: Anne Shirley in Anne of Avonlea (1984).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6_KQdBBbKk

Millie said...

Nicole: I like the 1949 version best too. Even though I rather dislike June Allyson, Peter Lawford has one of the coolest British accents ever! And he makes a great Laurie, although the young Christian Bale is also adorable in the 90's version!

Java: Ooh, good alternative! My family has the Anne films taped off PBS (except for The Continuing Story which has nothing of L.M. Montgomery in it...). I usually skip the tape that has the part where she refuses Gilbert and just continue right on to the other tape. Lol! I simply adore Megan Follows!

Sarah said...

I can almost sort of understand the professor, I think he was sort of a person who could show Jo the world (ie, taking her to the opera) and Laurie was just sort of the dude next door. I also wish would have went with Laurie, but I'm pretty happy with the way it ended. I prefer the 49 version, too.
Great photo!

Meredith said...

quite the contrary, i think i am the only person who loves jo and bhaer (and will keep christian bale for myself) :P

Millie said...

Oh, I see. Well, that is a quite legitimate reason... ;-D

Millie said...

Sarah, being contented with a film's ending is just not an good virtue! One should always be upset and angry when Jo goes with the Prof! ;-D

Oh, thanks. Merriam might recognize this photo from our famous "Most Handsome Man" feud...hahaha, the good old days...

Java Bean Rush said...

Meredith,
That's the best reason I've ever heard for Jo marrying the Professor!!
Thanks!

Millie said...

Yes, Meredith! You are a genius!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin