Monday, June 29, 2009

Ten little bits of randomness concerning...ME!

So, you probably were really not expecting a post with the above title coming from my blog...because everything I write is random and incoherent. So, anyways, now I am gonna write a post about randomness in my random writing style.

Sarah at Cinema Splendor tagged me to do this little exercise. If you would like to see her fascinating list of randomness click on the blog link.


Anyways, Fasten your seat-belts! It's gonna be a bumpy read! (To borrow from Margo.)

1. I love gourmet cheese. So, does my older sister. We can be often found sitting at her house watching one of the Thin Man movies and eating cheese.

2. I have always wanted to be on Jeopardy. I just love that show! I play my computer version of it ALL the time!

3. I once convinced my youngest brother that my family bought him on Ebay from a family in China for 99 cents.
I'm so mean...hehehe

4. Last August I had a birthday party for Alfred Hitchcock. I invited some friends over to watch his movies. I also tried to make chocolate chip cookies in the shape of his profile...unsuccessfully.

5. I am always taking famous phrase and accidentally messing them up. For example: instead of "Close, but no cigar", I've said, "Close, but no Parcheesi".

6. I give inanimate objects names, personalities, families, and backgrounds. I'm serious.

7. I have seen all the episodes of several TV shows. Wild, Wild West, I Love Lucy, Gilligan's Island, Wanted: Dead or Alive, Columbo, um..cough...cough Star Trek, The Brady Bunch...cough...cough...

8. Like Sarah I love rain. I'm happiest when it's raining or there are dark and gloomy clouds. Living in Washington makes this a very easily granted wish.

9. I get songs stuck in my head far too easily. Right now I have stuck in my head: Subterranean Homesick Blues (Bob Dylan), my little brother James' and I's revised version of Strangers In The Night titled Strangers On A Train (based on the Hitchcock film of the same title), and the entire Newsies soundtrack. I don't even like that movie!!!!!!!!!! My older sisters used to watch it all the time when I was little, but I hadn't seen it for about eight years, until two weeks ago when my friend forced me to watch it with her (it was either that or Aladdin and I would even watch a documentary on Jimmy Stewart to NOT have to watch Aladdin). Needless to say, the music mixture is boggling and messing with my mind....well, more than usual. ;-D

10. I'm going to post a post about what I eat when I watch movies later tonight! You better be getting excited! ;-D

I tag:

Harley/Graciebird of Dreaming In Black and White
Merriam of Bygone Brilliance
Nicole of Classic Hollywood Nerd (there now, you've been tagged and your post is legal ;-D)
Hana-bi of chatoyancy.

17 comments:

Graciebird said...

Thanks man! You know I love randomness!

And I get songs stuck in my head way too easily as well. Right now: Say Say Say by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson.

Millie said...

Hahaha, you're welcome, my dear (imagine creepy voice when I say that...;-D)

Oooh, don't you just hate that. When songs are running through your head over and over....

Elizabeth said...

I like that bit about tricking your brother into thinking that he was bought on eBay. Poor kid!

Also, am I invited to your next Hitchcock birthday party? ;)

puddle jumper said...

you're so cute! I love the music on your site.

Meredith said...

3. bahaha. that is quite brilliant.
4. that sounds incredibly wonderful, non hitch shaped cookies and all!
8. hurrah! the club just keeps growing. :)

Millie said...

Elizabeth: hahaha, yes, I am rather mean. But, he figured out I was joking after only a couple of minutes.

Of course you are...;-D Maybe I will have a virtual celebration!!!

Puddle Jumper: Thanks. It's just music that I am apt to be listening too.

Meredith: Thank you. I felt rather brilliant. ;-D

It was fun. Although my friends refused to sing Happy Birthday along with me...sheesh.

Yes! Rain has been my constant companion for longer than I can remember, as I have lived in Washington all my life! (Although, you would be surprised how many Washingtonians hate rain.) Anyways, glad to know another rain-adorer!

Millie said...

Ugh, Puddle Jumper, I meant listening "to" not "too"!

Sarah said...

DOOD I name everything! I have Hildi, my phone - Parsely the Pig, my little 3 legged clay friend - Bettie, my iPod - and my lucky stuffed tiger named Nasha :)
And I guess everybody in the classic movie blogosphere loves rain? Haha it's thundering as we speak.
Lovin the label at the bottom, btw! hahahaha it's so spot on. Not only for your spastic-ness but probably for mine too!

Kate Gabrielle said...

lol, I didn't even notice the tag you wrote until Sarah mentioned it! You're too funny.

I feel the same way about cheese as I do about Randolph Scott... sorry, it just freaks me out!

I have the song-stuck-in-head syndrome, too, but it's usually really, really bad commercial jingles. There's the Stanley Steamer commercial, a Pep Boys commercial and a Jamaican travel commercial that are constantly replaying in my mind, especially when I want to go to sleep!

I can't believe you told your brother that! If mine was a little younger I would SO try that on him! :D

I want to come to the Hitchcock party too! We should all have a little Hitchcock blog-a-thon and each of us can bring a baked good (in the form of a photo of our baked good) or something :)

Millie said...

Sarah: YES, YES, YES! Someone else who names everything too. But, it's not only that! I give letters and numbers genders (it's a way to get through math).

Rain! Nice, thunder! Today it's been a fairly warm/sunny day here...ughhh!

Hahaha, thanks! I created that one after my post about American Idol.......

Millie said...

Kate: Well, thank you.

Tsk, tsk, tsk! I love cheese. Although not just any old cheese! It has to be high quality cheese (you would never, ever, not in a million-zillion years see a piece of American Cheese sitting in our fridge....)

Hahaha, same with me. I actually have bought several songs that I heard on a commercial. In fact, the song "Bruises" on my little player to the left I originally heard on an Ipod commercial.

I know, I know...

OH WOW, great idea! I am so totally gonna host a Hitchcock blog-a-thon!!!!

hana-bi. said...

Hahaha Millie. You win. XD <3
1, 3, 4, and 6 are the best.

1 - I love cheese too! I like it when it comes in those round packages that have triangles inside. Because it's like INGRID IN INDISCREET. AAAH.
American cheese is gross. >_<

3 - Aww. That's hilarious in a very mean way. XD

4 - Omg Hitch partyyy. I love the cookies bit. They were probably delicious anyways. XDD
Last September I was talking about how Lauren Bacall was turning 84, and my brother teased me about it, saying I should buy her a cake. <_< Should have thrown a party.

Thanks for tagging me! I'll post soon.

Merriam said...

This is so funny Millie! I love rain too, though I certainly don't give letters and numbers genders, you've probably gotten a taste of my own associations...like Ava Gardner the olive, and numbers and people have colors to me. And you threw an Alfred Hitchcock birthday part? That's so neat! I wish I knew people like you in real life.

Krista said...

I've seen all the episodes of I Love Lucy but on top of that, I bet you I can tell you each title of every episode by the first few lines and I can quote word for word nearly every one when I watch it. With the exception perhaps of The Ricardo's Dedicate a statue..

Needless to say, what with my incessant need to quote, people who watch with me either refuse to or make me swear, (sometimes in blood.. kidding.) that I'll keep my mouth shut. :)

Millie said...

Hana-bi: Yay! Cheese! Yeah, I tried very hard with the cookies, but they ended up looking like big blobs. Hahaha, well you are invited to my blogosphere party I am gonna throw for Mr. Hitchcock!

Merriam: Wow, rain is really an overpowering force among bloggers. Hehehe, yes...the imfamous olive talk. Aww, well I wish I knew people like YOU in real life!

Krista: I am so like that too. You don't like that episode either? I've only seen it once or twice. It's just so depressing...

OH MY! I am so like that. The other day I had my little brother screaming at me during a movie...because I was quoting along with it. ;-D

Krista said...

Yay! Its nice to have a kindred spirit in something like that.

It isn't that I don't like the episode..I've just steered away from it due to my possibly irrational sadness for that being so close to the end of an era.

Millie said...

Well, that's what I mean. It's depressing because it's the last episode (besides the Lucy Desi Comedy Hour's).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin