Thursday, July 30, 2009

New music!

Check out the new Summertime of 2009 playlist on my sidebar!

I know summer's almost over :-( but have you ever found me to be on time for anything? Which is strange because I ALWAYS am in real life...

Hehehe, this one will probably be up 'till February...

Anyways, during the summer my thoughts usually turn towards the 60's, but I have other music on here as well!

Songs on the playlist:

God Only Knows - The Beach Boys (Because it's so nice and mellow)
It Ain't Me Babe - Bob Dylan (Bob Dylan is stinkin' amazing!)
You're The One - The Vogues (I discovered this song the summer I was eleven, and it's happy!)
These Boots Are Made For Walking - Nancy Sinatra (Has summer written all over it!)
More - Bobby Darin (This song is wonderful any time of the year)
Pleasant Valley Sunday -The Monkees (Mickey's is really good in this, and it's just plain cool)
Gidget -James Darren (No explanation necessary; I tried to find Gidget Goes Hawaiian too, but no luck)
Falling in Love At A Coffeeshop - Landon Pigg (Because this song makes me think of rain...I want rain)
The Girl From Ipanema - Frank Sinatra (My sister loves this song and it always remind me of her!)
The Monkey's Uncle - Annette Funicello and The Beach Boys (60's Disney's MEAN summertime!)
Better Together - Jack Johnson (Happy...)
Come Fly With Me - Frank Sinatra (Um, I'm running out of descriptive words, but it brings joy to me! ;-D)
Splish Splash - Bobby Darin (I swing dance to this with my ten year old brother, did I mention I have a cool little brother?)
The Honey Tree - Mostar Diving Club (This song always makes me feel happy!)
Put It There Pal - Bob Hope and Bing Crosby (Originally in The Road To Utopia this song is full of private jokes that make me smile)
For Pete's Sake - The Monkees (I really don't need to explain this one, it The Monkees for goodness sakes!)
Steppin' Out With My Baby - Fred Astaire (Fred Astaire pretty much rules my world!)
Don't Think Twice - Bob Dylan (I know this may sound strange, but this song makes me happy)
Do It Again - The Beach Boys (HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!)
The Tender Trap - Frank Sinatra (So summery)
Falling Slowly - Kris Allen (Mellowly niceness)
Hello Dolly! - Bobby Darin (Bouncy, joyful Bobby Darin...)
At Least We Made It This Far - Relient K (I like this song)
Fever - Peggy Lee (Because Peggy is super-cool! This was the only Peggy version I could find, sadly)
L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole (This song makes me think of going to the zoo with my older sister)
How It Feels - Eleventyseven ("It's like it snowing in the summertime")
Love Is All Around - Sonny Curtis (This is the theme to The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and I always watch that show a lot in the summer)
If I Fell - Jason Castro (I wanted Jason's version of Daydream, but they didn't have it. Imagining his happy, smiling, dreadlocked face just makes me laugh...)


That's it! I hope you like the summer mix!

P.S. I changed the photos for my favorite actresses/actors! Also now, when you click on the photo it automatically links you to all posts I have ever done with that particular person.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin