Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Results Are In...(well actually they came in about a month ago)

The results to my poll: Who had the best style?

Coming in last place with 0 votes is Poor Clark Gable:





Tied for fourth place with 1 vote each are: Dana Andrews











...And James Dean











Coming in third place with 2 votes is Bobby Darin! I was surprised, but quite pleased by this (and I didn't even vote for him)!











In second place with 4 votes is Frank Sinatra.









[Not included for a reason: the fuzzy orange sweater in Ocean's Eleven]

And tied for first place are (quite deservedly, I mean these two gentlemen actually have books written just about THEIR STYLE for goodness sakes!):

















AND:














^Undeniably my favorite Cary Grant style moment! Only Cary (with a little help from Edith Head) could pull off stripes and polka dots!

Who did you vote for (if you can remember that far back)?

I personally voted for Dana Andrews. And for no reason whatsoever! I don't necessarily think his style is more amazing than anyone else's and certainly not on the level of Fred, Cary or James! But, this weird thing happend to me whenever I see Dana up for any contest, poll, or anything! I always vote for him! I simply can't help it. It's mostly cause poor Dana never got/gets enough attention...and never any awards! So, I vote for him. Tis sad but true...;-D

I'm quite happy that my Darlin' Darin got 2 votes all by himself! He's usually so overlooked in my polls, so this made very, very, very happy!

Be sure and vote in my next poll, and I PROMISE (PROMISE) that I will have the results up promptly!

23 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I voted for Fred Astaire!

hana-bi. said...

Maybe you should make a poll where the question is "Dana Andrews?" and the different answers are "Dana Andrews," "Dana Andrews?" "Dana Andrews!" and "...wins the internet." That way, Dana Andrews always wins. XD

And um I voted for Cary. His classy, suave, timeless sense of ~style~ is one of the reasons he's my number one favorite actor. :D

Juliette. said...

Haha, well I didn't vote, but I agree with these results. :)

Cary Grant's style has me envious of him, and Dana Andrews could really rock a fedora. I'd probably have voted for one of them, though James Dean had taste as well. Cool poll!

Kate Gabrielle said...

I voted for Frank Sinatra... seriously, in the dictionary they have his face under the word "style" :D

DKoren said...

Great pics! I voted for Fred... he just epitomizes style and class to me.

Millie said...

Elizabeth: YAY!

Hana-bi: Hahaha, I totally should!

All perfect adjectives to describe Cary! He's so amazing! BTW, I thought "Nobody" Stewart was your favorite actor. I obviously have not been paying attention!

Juliette: Yeah, this poll is kinda old...

Cary always looked so well put-together in the style department! And Dana really could rock a fedora! I think James Dean's style is pretty timeless and seems completely modern even today (even though it is a bit less formal than the other gentlemen on this list).

Kate-Gabrielle: Really?!?! I better go look that up..;-D He was very stylish! Although that fuzzy orange sweater really had to go...hehehe

DKoren: To me too. Fred is the ultimate stylish and classy gentleman!

Juliette. said...

Agree one hundred percent about James Dean's style. Today's university boys and hip bohemians really owe it all to him. :)

Millie said...

Absolutely! My older brother's style is often scarily similar to James Dean and he doesn't even really know who he is!

Juliette. said...

Hahaha, that's great!

Millie said...

In fact, there's a photo of James Dean that even LOOKS like my brother!

Juliette. said...

Oh wow, really?

Millie said...

Yeah. This photo is rather reminiscent (without the sometimes weird looking glasses): http://classicforever.blogspot.com/2009/02/photo-of-day_27.html

Juliette. said...

That picture's terrific-- I've never seen it before. His blazer and those glasses are really cool. :)

Millie said...

I actually scanned it from my 2009 calendar. (One of my friends got me a James Dean calendar for Christmas).

Juliette. said...

What a great gift! :)

Millie said...

I know! I mean she was a good friend before...now she's a GREAT friend ;-D

Actually, it was even funnier because I had already bought East of Eden for her Christmas present!

Juliette. said...

Exactly. Friends can be swell. ;)

Hahaha, what a coincidence! Did she like it?

Millie said...

We watched it on New Year's Eve. She actually liked it better than "Rebel Without A Cause". She refuses to watch Giant because of it's length, but once had me skip around and show her all of the "good" James Dean parts...hahaha

Juliette. said...

Better than Rebel Without a Cause-- wow.

Haha, oh gosh...the good parts, that's great. It's fun when friends take an interest in stuff like that. :)

Millie said...

Yes, it always makes me happy! This particular friend I have known and lived next door to my entire life. And also for my entire life I have been trying to convert her to classic movies! ;-D

She loves Audrey, Grace, Doris Day, Sandra Dee, Hitchcock, and Nick and Nora Charles. But, she never really liked any actors (except Bobby Darin, because he's so talented and charming) until James Dean. Because how shes says it: "He's the only one without weird hair".

Juliette. said...

Ooh, that must be nice. As fun as it is to watch movies alone, it's even more fun to watch them with a hopeful convert. ;)

Hahaha, that's a good way of putting it. Is that because in comparison to most stars back then, it looks relatively modern?

Millie said...

I think that probably is it. She's a confirmed modern film-lover...but does find time for a classic now and then (well, pretty that's all I will watch with her...;-D) Hahaha, she bought the special edition of Casablanca for me a few years ago, and she said she was hiding it behind her back, sneaking through Borders...hoping she wouldn't see anyone she knew...;-D

Juliette. said...

Oh gosh-- I think I used to be a modern film fan as well. But I never disliked classics, you know?

Hahaha, wow. Yeah, they totally woulda judged her for buying Casablanca. ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin