Monday, August 3, 2009

Fair time, upcoming things, and William Shatner annoys the heck out of me!

Okay first things first!

I will be kinda preoccupied for the rest of this week (I'll still be posting Photo's of the Day and hopefully some other stuff too)! It's fair time again!!!

I entered a few things in several different departments earlier today, but the big thing is on Wednesday. I'll be entering my chickens: Blackie, Ingy, Bing, and Columbo (my vintage adoration shows through even in my chickens). I still have much to prepare however 'cause I kinda forgot the fair was going on!!!! Sounds like me? ;-D

I have to bathe all my chickens tomorrow and then dust them on Wednesday...ugh!

On to the next order of business:

I will be very, very, very soon (hopefully in the next few days) be posting my latest installments in the Lovely Lady series and the Lesser Loved series! Also, I will be spotlighting a fantastic blog, naming my top ten Screwball comedies/Westerns, and generally spreading good cheer with my fantastically well-written and witty posts!

My last little thing:

I know I've mentioned this before, but...

William Shatner annoys the heck out of me! Watching him "act" is excruciating (but also very funny). My mom really likes him and she gets mad at me when I start laughing at him, so all that's left is the excruciating part!

My dad and mom also love the Original Star Trek shows and so lucky us, own all three seasons in special collectors editions no less! My dad also loves watching them over and over.

Tonight, we decided to watch something while we ate, after a heated debate I finally talked my family out of Star Trek and opted for Twilight Zone instead...there happened to be an episode I had never seen before. I chose that one. It was titled "The Nick of Time". Stupid idea. It starred William Shatner.

Ugh.

In lighter news, this photo has always made me laugh. I showed it to my dad a few weeks ago and he was very confused he said, "I don't get it. Is 'How awesome I am' a song title?" Hehehe...




Hope I don't lose any Star Trek fans who also happen to be followers! ;-D

-Millie!

12 comments:

Amanda Cooper said...

First, I suppose I should say that I was raised a Star Trek fan. I was watching the original series by the time I was three (maybe earlier). Second, I know what you mean! Shatner has never struck me as a great actor. Third, I love the picture! I'm going to have to show it to my family sometime. Kirk has been laughed at a lot over the years (particularly because of his propensity to lose his shirt), and I know that they're going to laugh, too. Personally, I couldn't breath because I was laughing so hard!

Kate Gabrielle said...

haha!! I love that picture! I have to show it to my brother, he's a big fan of the priceline commercials (don't ask.)

Good luck with your chickens!!

DKoren said...

Hahah! Too funny that you picked a Twilight Zone ep with William Shatner!

I've seen that picture before and it cracks me up no end. I also grew up on Star Trek, can't imagine life without it or Capt. Kirk, but it definitely would not be half the show without William Shatner. He would never make my favorite actor list, however, he does makes my favorite personality list because he is, well, irrepressibly, uniquely William Shatner. And he really gained my respect when he made "Free Enterprise" (a fabulously funny movie for geeky fans of Star Trek and other sci fi movies) and played himself, and even better -- mocked himself. And nobody can mock William Shatner's image better than William Shatner himself.

Maggie said...

Gotta love the Shatner. He obviously knows that he's a terrible actor (at least in the last decade). Have you ever heard his cds? They are really funny.
Good luck at the fair!

Juliette. said...

What a wonderful picture. Haha, you did tell your dad it wasn't a song, right?

Good going on the Twilight Zone thing...unfortunate that it had Shatner. What a twisted coincidence. I guess that's score one for the universe. ;)

Good luck with your chickens...is dusting a chicken exactly what it sounds like?

Juliette. said...

PS What's the Lesser Loved series? Sounds quite interesting!

Millie said...

First of all, thanks for all the comments everyone! They make me so happy!


Amanda: Same here. I have seen all the episodes of the original Star Trek, but I was forced to! Yeah, not the "greatest" actor ever! I'm glad you thought it was funny! His facial expression is classic!

Kate: Oh, good! I hope your brother likes it!

DKoren: It's funny now. It wasn't very when I picked it ;-D. Yes, I know you like Star Trek (seriously I'm surprised you don't hate me, considering the fact that I am forever slamming things/people you love ;-D). Well, at least he's able to make fun of himself. That's cool.

Maggie: No, I haven't heard any of his cds (I usually avoid every Shatner), but as I said with DKoren, at least he can laugh at himself.

Juliette: Well, I tried to explain it to him, but I'm not quite sure he ever understood...;-D

Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking! It's like the god of Star Trek was watching out for Shatner ;-D

Um, sorta. It's a special white powder called "dusting powder" that you shake into the chickens feathers to kill of any bugs or parasites.

It's full name is: "The Lesser Loved That I Love More". I just did my first entry (on why I like Victor Laszlo more than Rick Blaine). My next entry is coming up. You look at the old one here: http://classicforever.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Lesser%20Loved%20That%20I%20Love%20More

Juliette. said...

That's okay...dads are like that sometime. :)

Ooh, that sounds more interesting and practical. I was thinking dusting them with a feather duster or something, so they'd look cleaner. Obviously I don't own chickens, haha.

Ah, I get it. Interesting, I'll check it out!

Millie said...

Yes they are!

Hehehe, the mental picture of me trying to do that with my chickens is seriously cracking me up!

Well, it's not really quite as interesting as it even sounds...

Juliette. said...

Haha, I was like "Dusting chickens. Who knew?" :)

But it is! Really neat idea.

Millie said...

Very funny! But, it's perfectly logical!

Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

I love that pic to it is always funny no matter how many times you look at it

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin