Friday, October 16, 2009

Bobby Darin sings Once Upon A Time

Gosh, songs like this always make me so sad...especially when I know the backstory. It's the equivalent of Frank singing I'm A Fool To Want You.

But, Bobby singing Once Upon A Time is particularly tragic to me, because I love both Bobby and Sandra so much!

Anyways, the below clip was a from a live television special filmed in London. It was broadcast just two months after their divorce was finalized!



Once upon a time
A girl with moonlight in her eyes
Put her hand in mine,
And said she loved me so...
But that was once upon a time...
Very long ago

Once upon a hill
We sat beneath a willow tree
Counting all the stars
And waiting for the dawn
But that was once upon a time,
Now the tree is gone


How the breeze ruffled through her hair
How we always laughed
As though tomorrow wasn't there...
We were young
And didn't have a care
Where did it go?


Once upon a time
the world was sweeter than we knew
Everything was ours
But somehow once upon a time
Never comes again....



7 comments:

Kate Gabrielle said...

What is the back story? I know the back story to I'm a Fool to Want You.

Millie said...

Oh, sorry, I guess I forgot to post that...;-D

This was a TV show filmed in London and broadcast by the BBC, just two months after they were divorced...:-(

Ms. B said...

Oh how awfully sad!!

Kate Gabrielle said...

That is so sad!!

MissMusical said...

Poor Bobby! That is heartbreaking.

Harley said...

It is sad, but the lyrics were beautiful.

natalia said...

yay Ray Milland!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin