Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas movie quotes...that I use ALL year 'round!

I love quoting movies. I love Christmas movies. I LOVE quoting Christmas movies!

Here are a few of my most favorite oft-quoted Yule (thanks a lot Mercurie! Now, I keep saying Yule!) quotes, that I (and my family) literally quote ALL THE TIME!

"I will go, but I must be fed!" -A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim's version! THE only version.) This is most often spoken when it becomes necessary to go to an unwanted party or wedding, etc...

"Eat, Papa! EAT" -Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer (Okay, recently, my family discovered that apparently Mrs. Clause does NOT actually say the word "Papa" during this particular quote! A heavy blow to our family structure to say the LEAST!)

"Assaulting Santa is NO laughing matter!" - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause (This may be from a 2001, horribly acted, made-for-TV movie...but it's STILL CLASSIC! ;-D)

"...All it needed was a little love!" - A Charlie Brown Christmas (Aww, Linus! You're SO right!)

"What a Christmas! Hohohoho! What a Christmas!" - Christmas In Connecticut (Must be said in Sydney Greenstreet's voice or it just won't work!)

"We'll be indeeeeependent together!" -Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer (My older sister can do the most brilliant impersonation of Hermie the elf!)

"How Much is wow?" .... "Right in between ouch and BOOOOINNNNNGGG" - White Christmas (Really, having the right facial expression is also quite important!)

"Mutual I'm sure!" - White Christmas (The voice is everything!)

"Pushing, pushing..." - White Christmas

"He always has that look! It doesn't mean anything emotionally. It has something to do with his... liver." - Holiday Inn (The possibilities of this quote are SO ENDLESS it's mind-blowing! I've used in practically every situation I've ever been in! ;-D)

"No gin tonight, son."..... "Aw, Pop, just a little."....."No, son, not one drop" -It's A Wonderful Life (Come on admit it, you've really wanted to say this, but just haven't had the proper time/place! DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT! Say it anytime. It could be at the dinner table and some asks to pass the ketchup, THIS is your response! Or you are at a party, THIS is a perfect ice breaker! It will instantly set the mood!)

"Does someone need a hug?" - Elf (Brilliant!)

"Razzleberry dressing!" - Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol (Actually, I sing the entire song...OFTEN!)

Well, I think that's about it! Whenever I make posts like this, I always start out with a multitude of things to write down, and then by the end I can't recall anything else! Sheesh!

Hahaha, so you MIGHT be hearing about more Christmas quotes soon! ;-D

Next up on the Christmas (not Yule...fight not to say Yule...;-D) agenda: A play-by-play of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer! Be SURE and come back to read THAT! ;-D

Merry Christmas!

-Millie!

12 comments:

Kate Gabrielle said...

Oh My gosh we quote this one all the time: "What a Christmas! Hohohoho! What a Christmas!" - Christmas In Connecticut (Must be said in Sydney Greenstreet's voice or it just won't work!) AND YES it has to be in his voice!! hahaha

We also always do the "are there no workhouses? are there no prisons" quote from the Alastair Sim CC because we're really weird.

I can't wait to read your play by play of Rudolph!

Millie said...

Hahaha! Of COURSE YOU quote it!

Oooh, we use that one too! Preferably repeated like ten times in a row for emphasis! So, um, you CAN'T be weird! ;-D

Haha, thanks! It's gonna be, um, interesting! I actually haven't even done it yet, so yeah...;-D

Jacqueline T Lynch said...

All great quotes. "Mutual, I'm sure" has always been a favorite.

DKoren said...

Fun! You know, I've only seen White Christmas, Holiday Inn, and It's a Wonderful List from the movies you quote!

Sarah said...

OH MY GOSH my family says Eat, Papa, Eat ALLLL THE TIME I THOUGHT WE WERE THE ONLY ONES
and yes, we do realize it's wrong also!

Millie said...

Jacqueline: It's just so perfect...especially when sad in that annoying voice!

Deb: Really? Never Rudolph? Wow! But, really you should see Alastair's version of Christmas Carol! Even Kate agrees with me on this!

Sarah: WHAT!?!?! OH WOW! That's crazy! I thought WE were the only ones! This is just too weird!

BTW, I'm loving your new profile pic!

Amanda Cooper said...

Haha! These are great! My family uses most of these quotes on a regular basis too! The "something to do with his liver" quote is rarely NOT used when explaining the strange behavior of a sibling or parent. : )

Elisabeth said...

Oh, yes! "I must be fed," is also a remark frequently made to whoever's in charge of making lunch (often me).

I've never seen Christmas In Connecticut, but we just got it from Netflix and I think we're going to watch it tomorrow! And yes, Alastair Sim's Scrooge is the best ever.

Elisabeth said...

I guess "Eat, Papa, eat," is kind of like "Play it again, Sam." :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
This is such a fun post. Please e-mail me when you get a chance (chrisc@moviesunlimited.com) as I would love to feature this as a guest post on www.moviefanfare.com.
Thanks,
Chris

Barbara Cook said...

LOL, this list of Christmas quotes and sayings from movies are pretty hilarious and fun to read! i enjoyed reading this one and admittedly, I used some of them all year round, but particularly my kids did :)

Shabby Baker said...

Aww, awesome list! Watching Christmas movies every holiday has become our family tradition. I really enjoy remembering Christmas quotes from them, especially the funny ones.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin