Saturday, December 12, 2009

Time to accept some belated awards!!!!!

I always feel awful when people give me awards! One because I really don't deserve them and two, because I ALWAYS forget to post it to my blog and pass it on! Sheesh! Right now, in particular there are two awards waiting for me to pass them on!

One, from Merriam dated November 30th. And one from Lolita dates OCTOBER 7TH!!!!

Just shoot me now.

Anyways, you don't know how honored I feel to receive these awards! It feels even better getting awards when you know you don't deserve them, then we you get awards and you think you deserve them. I KNOW I don't deserve them, so it feels quite wonderful. Anyways....;-D

I'm gonna give the same seven people both awards because they OF COURSE deserve both!

Lolita first:


The cool (this is a word that BEST describes her) Lolita of Lolita's Classics gave me The Kreativ Blogger Award! Thank you SOOOOO much! And please forgive me for not responding right away!

The rules:

1) Tell you seven things that you don't already know about me.
2) Name seven other blogs to receive this award.
3) Leave a comment on each of the blogs I have nominated letting them know that I have given them an award.
4) And lastly, thank the blog that gave you the award.

Merriam next:



Merriam's loverly! Beyond loverly! Thanks ever so! She gave me The Vintage Style Award!

1. Link to who gave you the award.
2. Give the award to 7 blogs you love.
3. Let the people you have awarded know.

Without further ado!

Lolita of Lolita's Classics

Lolita is just Lolita. Infinitely cool. And infinitely clever. And infinitely hilarious. And plus she's from Sweden, and I don't know why, but that just makes her even cooler. Her blog is addicting. If you read one post you HAVE to read every single one!

Merriam of Bygone Brilliance

Brilliance is right! Her blog has the perfect balance of intelligence and just plain hilarity. Something I wish I could achieve. Unfortunately I am lacking in intelligence and most of the hilarity comes from people laughing AT me, not WITH me. ;-D Anyways, I love Merriam's blog! I wish she would post more often. I drop everything when I see a post from her on my dashboard. And I rush to read it!

Harley of Dreaming in Black and White

HARLEY!!! I adore Harley's blog. There is nothing more cheerful or more familiar or just plain cool! She writes about everything and anything with perfect ease! A new post from her is a definite treat!

Sarah of Cinema Splendor

Heck, I've said this before, but Sarah's THE reason I got a blog. We were friends in the old TCM Message Boards days, long before we were blogging, and um, AIMing, and Twittering, and Tumblring, and Miss-Vintageing, (and many, many, many other places) friends! She's just a year older than me, but waaaaay beyond me! Heck, she can even speak in a British accent if she wants! ;-D

Kate of Silents and Talkies

Not much to say about Kate. She's amazing. Okay, beyond amazing. Actually it's rather irksome to me that I can't find ANYTHING wrong with ANYTHING she does. She positively perfect! ;-D And, of course we DO share a brain (it's been proven!)...the right side of the brain to be exact. And, of course we do communicate through any NUMBER of means (Twitter, Blogger, Tumblr, AIM) practically 24/7! I don't know WHAT I am trying to say with this! Just that Kate and her blog are super-cool!

Raquelle of Out of the Past

I have always been in awe of Raquelle and her blogs. I've never wanted to give her an award because I just felt "not worthy enough" (hahaha, I'm NOT kidding!)! But, I just HAVE to overcome this fear and just give it to her! Haha! She's really so brilliant and her blogs are so well-written and thought out. I read every post she writes and love every one. She's gotten me to do a number of things, from finally watching The Hustler to making beef stew on a whim because she wrote about it at her food blog! Her blogs are cool.

Nicola of Classic Hollywood Nerd

NIIIIIIIIIIICCOLLLLLLAAAAAAA! (Rhymes with Ricola) is so cool. Sheesh, she has a poll about who would take on The Amazing Race with you on her blog right now. That's cool. Plus she has TONS of cool series, that I love to read. Her blog is highly enjoyable and highly well-written! I recommend it to anyone. She deserves BILLIONS of followers! That's how good her blog is!

Casey of NoirGirl (sheesh, one of those pesky WordPress bloggers....;-D)

Auntie Casey! Casey's blog is GREAT! (Even if it is a WordPress blog.....) I love everything she writes about. Recently I've gotten to know her much better (hence the reason that at the age of 21 she is now my Auntie Casey), she is just WOWZIE KAZAM amazing! And she's also a member of The Pink Outfit Club and the Jamie-boy Club (of which I am also a member) and that just makes her doubly amazing!


All these blogs are amazing! So you should go immediately and check them out! :-D

Thanks again Lolita and Merriam! And sorry about the wait!

6 comments:

Lolita said...

Wow thanks! Your words made my day, Millie! I've been feeling a bit rotten lately, so hearing that I'm considered a cool Swede by thee awesome Millie just makes me smile :)

Sarah said...

YAY
I'm so glad we're blogger/twitter/tumblr/tcm/whatever friends :D
Oh and someone left a bag of cherry honey ricolas on the kitchen counter...I think you flew over my house and dropped them off. Very logical.
;D

Sarah Asay said...

your blog is amazing millie! an excellent education for me.

Raquelle said...

OMG! I teared up a bit reading this. You may be one of the nicest people on the planet. Thank you so much Millie. Here is to watching The Hustler with a big bowl of beef stew.

Millie said...

Lolita: Oh, yeah, I'm so glad! Hahaha! But, you really are a cool Swede! ;-D

Sarah: Quite logical! I was on my way to putting a curse on someone's printer and decided to reward you! ;-D

Sarah: Aww, thanks so much!

Raquelle: Oh, thanks! But, really, I just love all your blogs and such! Hahaha! oh my, I totally need to!

NoirGirl said...

Thank you so much for the award Millie, my dear! Auntie Casey is highly flattered! Being called "WOWZIE KAZAM amazing" by the one and only Millie is a truly immense compliment indeed!

I am sorry that you Google-indoctrinated darlings don't know the loveliness of WordPress. Ah, but maybe someday you will learn. ;)

I'm dreadfully behind on my awards too! I shall have to get on the ball! :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin