Thursday, January 14, 2010

1 Year of ClassicForever...OR Junk it! I almost forgot!

That's right! It's been ONE WHOLE YEAR of ClassicForever!

You can read my very first post here!

Sadly, not much has changed in the writing department, except now I use a more liberal sprinkling of fictional words and participate in quite a bit of name-dropping of the coolest blogs around (did I mention that Kate of Silents and Talkies is my friend? ;-D). But, besides that, my blog has remained just the same. No, actually it's gotten rather worse. At least in the first post I TRIED to write lucidly! Now, I don't even care! Haha!

But, yeah, anyways, here is the place for my long-drawn out story of how this blog became:

Sarah of Cinema Splendor is COMPLETELY to blame! I had no thoughts of grandeur about creating a blog and such nonsense. Until she created one. See, Sarah and I have been classic movie internet friends for almost two years now. We met over at the TCM message boards, bonding over the fact that we were the only people under 60 ;-D (that is until Harley came along). We also had a mutual love of Audrey and the 60's. ANYWAY, Sarah started her blog, and she invited me to check it out. I was blown away. I didn't understand how anything could be SOO cool. But, I didn't go out and immediately start ClassicForever. On the contrary, I just continued to read Sarah's blog and marvel at it (true to the creepy stalker I am...;-D). Until I finally got up the courage of Christmas break 2008. In fact, I even wrote a post about Christmas movies...but never published it. Until January 14th 2009. I just wrote a post real fast. It was done.

There's no getting rid of me now.

Anyways, yeah, I just want to say thanks to EVERYONE who's has read my posts, followed me, commented (especially those who comment! ;-D), everything! It means a lot! I've had one of the best years of my life (junk it, now all I can think of is that movie, and now I'm sad, and March STOLE Dana's Oscar...) and it's because of you guys!

Thanks!

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Bloggiversary Millie! I don't know what we'd do without you!

Wendymoon said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! Keep it up. :-)

DKoren said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more years of wonderful, entertaining, fun, crazy posts!

Harley said...

Have i told you lately that your're awesome, hilarious, and one of the coolest people I've never met???? Seriously. You, Audrey, Lauren Bacall, Grace, Bill...the list could go on and on!

I suppose for my blog anniversary, I can talk about you *making* me get one hehe.

And Fredric March did not steal anything! =P

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

Happy Anniversary!! Your blog is so much fun to read! May the fun continue!


(P.S. I deleted my first commented because it was worded all weirdly and sounded like a very backwards compliment)

Merriam said...

Congratulations! Happy anniversary! I certainly hope this is the first of many. You have the best blog ever!

KC said...

Congratulations! I think you are great fun and I'm looking forward to many more posts :-)

Amanda Cooper said...

I can't believe I missed this! One of the rare days when I don't check to see what's happening in the blog world.... *sigh*

Anyway, happy late anniversary! You're posts are always fun to read, and I'm glad "there's no getting rid of [you] now"!

Kate Gabrielle said...

Happy blogaversary Millie!!! :-D

You need to twitterfeed your posts, I keep missing them somehow!!

Mercurie said...

Sorry I didn't get around to it earlier, but congrats on the anniversary! I agree with Kate. You need to tweet your posts, at least twice! Anyway, your blog is one of my favs and I hope you never give it up!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin