Friday, January 8, 2010

I don't know WHY I ever watch war movies...



I just had this on in the background, while I was working on a project involving a gnome (NOT EVEN KIDDING)! And around the middle I started wondering...

It's extremely strange that I (a person who professes extreme hate for "depressing" films) should watch SO MANY westerns and war movies...really it's just plain idiotic!

But, then I thought, it's really not too strange that a person who at 12:30am on a Thursday night is sitting on her floor working on a project involving gnomes, should watch a film that goes completely against her nature...

Well, anyways, this is STARTING to sound not very lucid, so....

BTW, have you ever noticed that in war movies the characters die off according to their billing? Starting with the lowest billed dying first, working on up to the hero. Unless of course the hero is Sinatra...then you peak at his second in command (skipping over any members of The Rat Pack/surrogate members of The Rat Pack...). I've always found that fascinating, personally!

Anyways....Good night all! I must finish my gnome project....

7 comments:

disneyprincesswdw said...

I've never noticed they tend to get killed of by there billing. Interesting! I'm gunna look at that next time I watch a war movie. Although I don't watch many war movies at all.

Millie said...

Hahaa, well, maybe not in all movies, and really this one had relatively few "important" deaths! But, one REALLY good example is Hell Is For Heroes. They die practically EXACTLY according to billing!

monty said...

Interesting post and I love your new top page photo. I recently used it myself on a post I wrote about Please Don't Eat the Daisies. Oh and what project are you working on that involves gnomes? Just curious.

DKoren said...

Hah! That's funny about how they die off. I have to check "Men in War" -- that one might follow that scheme exactly. Though most of the ones I watch don't seem to have that pattern. And you mean Frank lives in that movie???? LOL! Every "Middle Frank" movie I seem to watch him in, he dies. He seems very fond of dying in his movies.

Lolita said...

Haha! I still can't see beyond that gnome project... Mentioning that made it hard to read the rest of your post, haha!

Harley said...

WHAT is this gnome project you're speaking of?

But that is an interesting fact. If I ever watch any war films, I'll pay attention to that.

Kate Gabrielle said...

Have you seen Von Ryan's Express yet? If not, I believe you must.

Does your project have something to do with Al or Ronald????

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin