Sunday, January 10, 2010

My top ten blogger resolutions for 2010!

10. Call Casey, Auntie Casey so much that everyone WILL think she's really my Aunt (pronounced "Ahhntie" not "Anntie")!

9. FORCE Kate to realize the amazingness of Tyrone Power!

8. Convince ONE person that The Kid IS cooler than Hannibal Heyes.

7. Stop using all-capped words in every sentence!

6. Make up a song about Cherry Honey Ricola to the tune of The Dick Van Dyke Show theme.

5. Watch Gidget Goes Hawaiian in theaters (I'm SUUURE some theater SOMEWHERE appreciates this movie's genius)!

4. Make a finger puppet of Bobby Darin snapping his fingers to Multiplication.

3. Actually WRITE all the posts/reviews I always promise I'm going to! ...Okay not really....

2. Be the one person to actually get a response from Olivia De Havilland! MWAHAHAHA! I WILL do it too! She won't be able to just not respond to me!

1. Have a week of Photo's of the Day that involve stars eating cheese! (Cheese is good Kate, sheesh! And I'm not talking about Velveeta/Perry Como cheese)

As you can see from my resolutions...this year is gonna be one stinkin' brilliant year for ClassicForever. A year that will make you PROUD to be a follower!

BTW, the 14th is my one year blog anniversary and Kate told me I should do something special. Unfortunately I can't think of anything special to do...that doesn't involve tofu.

But, don't worry! I'm SUUUREEE I'll think of something...by the 15th (that's usually when I remember things)!

BTW, speaking of remembering important dates. I want to wish Ray Milland a happy five, no make that SIX (it's now 12:02am) days after his 103rd birthday! Favorite actor ever (tied with, well I've told this story so many times...just look at the sidebar)! And also the inspiration behind my name. Some of you know that my real name is not in fact Millie. It was a nickname I picked up in my TCM Message Board days (days spent with Sarah and Harley) when my screen-name was ILoveRayMilland (well, it was either gonna be that or TheBarkleysofOffBroadway...and since my name has nothing to do with the Barkleys...). People got tired of calling my ILRM (also some people called my Ray...which just WOULDN'T do), so I picked up the nickname Millie (I don't recall WHO exactly gave it to me. Probably Sarah or Harley!) Wow, this isn't boring at all...SHEESH!

Anyway, it's gonna be a GREAT 2010! (Even though I keep typing 20010...force of habit!)

FINAL BTW, Just in case somebody hasn't heard Ginger of Asleep In New York is back...and writing amazingly cool posts! Totally check out her blog! One of the best ever!

That's all! Have a great day!

-Millie

16 comments:

Lolita said...

Haha! This really sounds like a memorable year for ClassicForever! But I see that you will have to work with the caps-thingy... haha!

DKoren said...

Hee! This cracked me up. And 2010 is going to be a great year!

This phrasing...?

And I'm not talking about Velveeta/Perry Como cheese

particularly cracked me up. Though if Kate doesn't like to eat cheese, I'm with her. It's okay in small quantities on things like pizza and tacos, but I can't sit down and eat a slice of plain cheese. Eew.

Kate Gabrielle said...

You'll never convince me!!! Mwahahahahaha!!!

ps. Let me know ahead of time about this cheese week thing so I can avoid your blog, please? ;-D

Ginger Ingenue said...

Ha. When you wrote, "Wow, this isn't boring at all..." I had JUST thought to myself, "Wow, what a fun little post!"

You're very entertaining, Millie.

And what do you mean Kate doesn't like Tyrone Power?? Is she blind?! What's not to like?? ;)

Interesting story about how you got your name. Of course now every one will wonder what's your real name!

Glad mine's really Ginger Ingenue. ;)

Ha.

'Perry Como cheese'???

[giggling]

I'm gonna have to make your blog my first stop of the night, every night...I was just sitting here, half in tears...stressed, lonely, nervous; not wanting to write; dwelling on my awful day...and now I'm smiling.

Thanks for that. :)

...

And thanks for the welcome back.

Happy (almost) anniversary, Millie! :)

I hope you're smiling, too.

Millie said...

Lolita: You better believe it! Best dang year ever! ;-D Um, yeah, that's probably not gonna happen! I LOVE my caps too much! Hahhaa!

Dkoren: Thanks I'm glad! You always say nice things about my posts, although I often wonder how you find the ability to say nice things about my strange 2AM posts...haha!

MEAN! You were always the peacemaker! The fan of Dirk and Ty. Now, you've taken a distinctive side! ;-D But, I LOOOOVEE gourmet cheese!

Kate: Oh, I'll convince you alright...I'll divert the Heyes-adoration brainwashing fumes from Tweetdeck into Ty-adoration! ;-D

Pssh, like I'll give you that option! (Hahaha, I totally just pulled a Sarah with my "Pssh"!)

GINNNGGERR: Aww, that totally made my night! And probably a substantial part of tomorrow! Thanks so much!

Funny you should mention, that I've begun to seriously wonder. That COULD be the only possibility. Of course she "claims" to have perfect vision!

AHAHAHA! Actually, creepy-stalker Kate has figured out my name because of an email address when I ordered from her Etsy. And um, I just discovered that Sarah's known it for almost two years because of a Audrey fan board that she set up that I signed in with my email. And then of course I had to tell Casey because she was AIM chatting with us...and felt left out. Anyway, it's not a cool name or anything, so yeah. Wow, sheesh, I seem to get really long-winded and boring when talking about my names...

What!?!? What?!? It ISN'T Ginger Ingenue!? My life is officially ruined FOREVER. ;-D

Oh, hahaha! Well, yes I was mentioning my intense unlike for the "annoys the heck out of me" Perry Como (who Casey adores) and was told that her brother says Perry's voice sounds like cheese. I of course found that analogy brilliant and so her brother and I further decided his voice really sounds like velveeta/cheese in a can kind of cheese. Haha! I'm such a dork!

Oh, wow. You don't know how amazingly happy this comment has made ME! Literally one of the nicest comments I've ever read! I was just utterly depressed (Because I need to write an essay in two hours that I had five weeks to write). So depressed that even extra sharp smoked cheddar wouldn't cheer me! And then I read this comment, and I'm so super-happy. Of course now I have to go write an essay on a super-depressing book (;-D), but this comment just means SOO much! Thanks!

I AM smiling! :-D

Harley said...

OMH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. THIS MADE MY DAY. I REFUSE TO STOP THE CAPS LOCK! ;-D

AND IT WAS I WHO BESTOWED THE MILLIENESS TO YOU. I GOT THE IDEA FROM SARAH BECAUSE SHE STARTED CALLING ME HARLEY, AND LIKE YOU SAID, ILRM WAS TOO...TEDIOUS. SO MILLIE WON OUT. :-D

THIS WAS SO SO SO HILARIOUS. I REALLY CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SPECTACULAR YEAR AT CF.

PS: SORRY ABOUT THE SHOUTING, BUT CAPS LOCK IS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

GOOD LUCK AND THANKS FOR BEING SO AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT!

Harley said...

*TYPO: OMG, NOT OMH.

OH WAIT; OMH: OH MY HEAVENS.

YAYA.

Millie said...

Okay, I thought it was you. Um, wait, *I* gave you the name Harley! I clearly remember saying, "Hey, I've really just wanted to call you this for forever..hahha"!! I think Sarah just didn't think of ANYTHING! ;-D

Thanks so much! It means A LOT when you say something is hilarious, because you're so naturally hilarious!

IT IS RATHER ENJOYABLE NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW! No you're amazingly brilliant!

AHAHAHAHAHA! Fixing a typo on a non-existent word!

Harley said...

OHHHHH yeah, it was you! Hehe.

And again, you have made my day. I am laughing, laughing, laughing.

And you are totally hilarious; pretty much 100% of the time!

LOLOLOLOLOL...my non existent word.

Meredith said...

i completely support #2. :D good luck! that would be amazing if olivia responded. i marvel at whatever your secret plan may be.

Millie said...

Harley: Why thank you! You are totally hilarious pretty much 99.9% of the time! ;-D JK! 110% of the time!!!

Meredith: Ahaha, I don't know what I'm gonna do, but it better be good! ;-D

Jennifer said...

Woo! Can't wait to see your posts for this year! :)haha with the typing thing. I've done that too. You can follow me if you want. I haven't posted much, but I will be posting more!

hana-bi. said...

I want to know your real nameeeeee. D:

And oh my gah you have a tumblr for ricola! Do you have another one? I'll follow you if you do. :D

The Darin finger puppet sounds awesome! DO IT!

And I really hope you get a response from Livi. <3 Better yet, I hope her book comes out soon...

Merriam said...

Lol, I hope you actually do these things! And your name story is quite interesting...but I really, really do want to know your real name. Good thing you didn't choose TheBarkelysOfOffBroadway cause then everyone would be calling you "Barky".

Hmm. That means Harley was HarlowCutie(##) on TCM then, right?

Merriam said...

Is it...Catherine? I know you would definitely say so if it were Ingrid. Somehow I feel that if you were a boy, you're name would be Murphy.

nessie said...

Where does your opening picture come from? It is adorable!:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin