Monday, July 19, 2010

Africa.

Always Love - Sierra Leone, Africa from Millie Millie on Vimeo.



I know a few of you have been curious about what I do in Sierra Leone, Africa. I've shared a small bit, but I didn't want to be annoying...ESPECIALLY since this IS a movie blog! Haha!

But, if you are curious, you can check out this video I made yesterday! It's comprised of clips showing the joyful part of their EXTREMELY vibrant personalities.

Sierra Leone is the least livable country in the world (UN statistics). It should be full of depressed people. It's not. It's full of starving, sick people who still manage to smile and dance and sing.

That's the craziest part about going there! Seeing desperate people still trying to hold on and hope.

If I went through even a 1/10th of what these children go through every day-- I would simply want to curl up in the corner and be done with life.

But, these children are fighting to survive.

-Millie


If you want to learn more:

The Bridge of Hope/Makambo Village
(the organization we do schools and feeding programs through).

Living Water International (the organization we do wells through).

6 comments:

Vintage Hairstyling Lauren said...

That was very touching Millie. Thank you for that.

Millie said...

Thank you so much, Lauren! That means a lot! :-)

Sophie said...

Your video is so moving, Mille! I had no idea that Sierra Leone was the least liveable country in the world! Thanks for informing us! Someday, when I have good health, I'd love to go out and do something...*anything*...to help! :)

Raquelle said...

One of your best posts Millie. I admire you for your heart and compassion and for your work helping people from Sierra Leone.

kalli said...

This is a great post. It's so meaningful and a more than necessary thing to inform us about. Thanks for posting the organizations, as well!

Lolita said...

Isn't that interesting? It seems like one is more unhappy with a good standard of living, like one forgets how lucky one is. Can't really figure out the logic in that, and that disturbs me.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin