Monday, July 12, 2010

THE EVIL MANGO SONG IS OUT TO GET ME!

(The ALL-CAPS are necessary to create the proper hysteria!)




Okay, so, in Dr. No. There is that slightly hypnotizing, kind of bordering on annoying (but not quite) mango song.

I HATE THE MANGO SONG.

I don't remember the last time I saw Dr. No, but that song still gets stuck in my head at random moments! IT JUST APPEARS IN MY MIND! And then I can't get it out! And plus I can only ever remember like the first line!

IT'S HORRIBLE!

I know that they made that entire movie for the sole purpose of getting that song stuck in everyone's minds! They stinkin' play it throughout the whole movie...people sing it, play records of it, listen to it on the radio...SEAN CONNERY SINGS IT EVEN! I mean, WHAT?!

Anyway, I was out shopping today, and the song suddenly popped up in my mind! I couldn't get it out! And you know what I ended up doing?!

Buying mangoes, mango yogurt...AND MANGO LEMONADE!

I don't even like mangoes!

(Well, except for the delicious, fresh ones in Sierra Leone....hahaha...I sound like such a not-very-cool snob!)

That song really does have evil powers-- so you really probably shouldn't click play on the video below. REALLY! It could be bad!




-Millie...underneath the mango tree....

9 comments:

Miss Matilda said...

Oh hell, i turned it off when he started singing in his Glaswegian tropical accent....

Sophie said...

HAHAHAHA! This song is always popping up in my head too...I wish I could shoot it :| Oh, and my Mum calls Ursula, "Ursula UNdress", which I think is quite amusing ;')

Raquelle said...

LOL! I totally forgot about this song.

And having had mangoes in the Dominican Republic I can attest that they are yummier in tropical locations. :-)

DKoren said...

Hah! Too true! This song randomly pops in my head at odd times too. And doesn't like to leave. I didn't even have to watch the video, it's already there, looping in my head now.

I always thought it was just Sean Connery singing... cuz his song from Darby O'Gill also randomly pops in my head with no prompting whatsoever and gets stuck there for days. "For she is my dear, my darling one..."

Oh great, now I have a weird combo of the two stuck in my head.

Sarah said...

Well now I MUST listen to it.

OMG I paused it to write this comment and then I started it back up and he started singing. "Who's that?!"
lololololollllllll

kallim said...

No!!! Why?! I can't believe I pressed play. Now, I have that and that Parent Trap song 'Let's Get Together' stuck in my head, just the piano playing part of it that's in the beginning. How is that even possible?!

Millie said...

Miss Matilda: AHAHAHA! I love you!

Sophie: PUBLIC EXECUTION OF THE MANGO SONG IS IN ORDER!

NICE nickname for her! ;-D

Raquelle: You forgot about it?! You have great powers! ;-D

YESSS! Oh my gosh! I can't eat fruit for weeks when I come back from SL, it's just SO GOOD there!

DKoren: YAY! I'm not the only one! Haha!

Oh my gosh! My mum wanted to watch Darby O'Gill for St. Patricks Day, but it didn't come in! I'm sure I'll have to watch it sometime though! ;-D

Sarah: NO! DON'T DO IT! ;-D

AHAHAHAHA! I mean, really, SERIOUSLY!

Kallim: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

JUNK IT! I stinkin' have that stuck in my head now too! Just that piano part!

THANKS A LOT!

;-D

Mr Pendlebury said...

If you think that is bad then I must warn you never to purchase the Robert Mitchum album Calypso is Like So. Don't even look at the cover because that's enough, just trust me.

Millie said...

Oh, thanks for the warning! But, it's too late! I was listening to some clips linked to Raquelle's blog! I'm hopelessly stuck with them in my mind!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin