Friday, August 6, 2010

Awesome 60's Dance of the Day!



{New series....because I'm dreading the coming end of summer! Haha!}

The first in this amazing new series: the Mambo from Gidget Goes Hawaiian. Movie Mambos just don't get cooler than this (well, Teacher's Pet is a close second)!

The dancing starts at 1:10, but I'd recommend watching the whole clip. (the back-story is OH-SO necessary! ;-D)

This Awesome 60's Dance is done by Michael Callan (stupendously amazingly cool) and Deborah Walley (no comment).

After watching it, I always want to go to a 60's Night Club and start dancing. SERIOUSLY. (And, uh, you REALLY don't want to know how many times I've seen Gidget Goes Hawaiian *looks over shoulder*).

-Millie

P.S. The completely awesome Michael Callan actually originated the role of Riff in West Side Story on Broadway!

P.P.S. Other completely awesome people to watch out for in this clip are: Carl Reiner and Joby Baker.

4 comments:

Java Bean Rush said...

Don't forget WEST SIDE STORY'S Mambo. :)

I didn't mind Deborah Walley's Gidget as much as I thought I would.

James Darrin is why I watch these films, anyway. :)

Olivia said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH Millie!!!

She is darling!! I think I'm gonna have to see this movie!
Oh, and I love your "payback" to all your "teen/surfer movie hater" followers!! For the record, I didn't vote for the above -honestly I didn't! I've never even seen a 60's teen movie!!!!

Millie said...

Java: Haha, I didn't! Which is why I subtly hinted to it in the post-script! ;-DDD

UGH! She's pretty annoying in this though! I love the movie. BUT SHE'S NOT GIDGET. She's pretty much the same height AS MOONDOGGIE FOR GOODNESS SAKES! Haha!

Michael Callan is my favorite....haha!

Olivia:

Just darling. ;-D

Oh, you should! It's mind-smushing entertainment at it's absolute best! I'll have to see about uploading the entire movie to YouTube!

Oh, good! You're safe! ;-D

WHAT?! Oooh! I must educate you in the dumb teen 60's movie! It's pretty much the most brilliant genre! Hehe!

Sally said...

That's fantastic! I love the dance! And I love this new series. How exciting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin