Sunday, August 29, 2010

Um, hi, everyone....

Sorry, I sorta abandoned the Hitchcock Birthday Bash this last week!

I was highly busy/depressed. I'm starting college next month, so I have been wandering around trying to save my last few precious hours of freedom-- mainly this has consisted of reading Calvin and Hobbes, watching Wild Wild West, and creating my 50 Utterly and Completely Gorgeous Classic Film Stars list. A bad usage of time, you might say.

ANYWAY, tonight is the 4th Annual Alfred Hitchcock Birthday Party...which never actually ends up taking place on his birthday....

I managed to get a few friends to come over tonight and we're going to be watching The Trouble With Harry, which The Millie utterly ADORES. This is also going to be happening out in my creepy fort in the middle of the woods...A SCARILY LONG DISTANCE FROM MY HOUSE! My fort is actually like a small, inadequately-ventilated guest house without electricity that my dad built for my older sisters billions of years ago. It's slightly wowzie kazam.

ALSO OCCURRING TODAY:

The 95th Birthday of Ingy.

^We're pretending this is birthday cake!

More on that, later! :-D

-Millie

7 comments:

Merriam said...

Wow, college next month! You're my age and I've still got a year. *jealous*

And btw I think that is a great usage of time. Especially when you compare it to the awful time-wasting I'm doing.

Happy birthday Ingy!

Matthew Coniam said...

Wow! I can't think of anything cooler than watching a Hitchcock in a scary fort in the woods!
Have a good one, Millie.

Emm said...

I start school TOMORROW, so I haven't been blogging because I was trying to savor those last moments of freedom too, but I've been watching Honey West instead of Artie and Jim. But today, I return dutifully to blogging -- though I'm not sure how I'm going to explain the wonderfulness of Man from UNCLE as I formerly promised to do!

kalli said...

I'm with Matthew. I can't think of anything cooler than watching Hitchcock in a scary fort in the woods either! Have fun!

Mercurie said...

Do you realise in five years we'll all be writing 100th birthday posts for Ingrid?! :-)

You know, you can't go wrong watching The Wild Wild West before starting college!

Bette said...

Oh I know how you feel, I start school in about 2 days and I am trying to make the most of my freedom too. Wow Ingrid 100 soon, I can't believe all of those fantastic films were made so long ago!

~Bette

Denise said...

Don't worry about not having freedom at college, you'll have loads of it! Hopefully you'll find time to keep this blog going while in school...

Lovin' the movie in the fort idea! Sounds like fun.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin