Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mark McPherson.

So, last night I was ALL set to write this incredibly in depth and brilliant post about the genius of Dana Andrews in Laura. And more specifically: how the people who think he "lacked emotion"/ was horrible in the role are idiots. BUT, then I got distracted on Twitter and ended up saving the post for later and going off to watch The Bob Newhart Show. It's a sad tale.

ANYWAY, when I finally got back to writing the post this morning, I discovered that someone had taken my brilliant and in depth post and replaced it with some crazy ranting. I mean, it couldn't have been MY post. Have you EVER known me to use the phrase "unjustly maligned"?! I MEAN, REALLY?!

I simply couldn't post it, so I decided to start over here. Except, NOW, I can't think of anything to say. SERIOUSLY.

The Millie is speechless.

Do you understand the magnitude of this situation?!

The Millie has absolutely NOTHING to say. (Obviously, me not saying anything, does include a few words, but yeah...;-D)

Instead, I'm just going to be really lazy and post some photos of Dana in Laura. A film that I consider to be utterly perfect, and one of my absolute favorites.










< By the way, my copy of this "promises to be utter genius" book just arrived 3 minutes ago. I am quite excited. You should be too. Because YOU are going to get to hear ALL about it! ;-D

I hope you have a highly amazing day!

-Millie

9 comments:

DKoren said...

ROFL! After a solemn day, there's nothing like checking blogger and finding delightful posts like this one. But now I want to read your rant! However, the pictures will do. :-D

Millie said...

Aww! Thanks! Haha!

But, REALLY, you do not want to read my rant. *I* can't even understand it! ;-D

Emm said...

I love Laura...and I think Dana Andrews was perfect. He played Mark so brilliantly -- the tough, cool exterior with a really sweet, intense guy underneath.

One of my favorite things about Laura is the understatedness of their romance. There's never a formal "declaration of love," but rather a deep mutual understanding of the feelings they share.

I didn't just come up with this spur of the moment...'tis the result of long psychological meanderings and musings.

I can't understand why my mother hates Laura. She says it's because she doesn't like Dana Andrews! Methinks she's a wee bit out of her head. :D

Matthew Coniam said...

Yeah, yeah. But haven't you ever wanted to see him with a fly's head?

http://www.movietone-news.com/2009/05/well-it-seems-like-it-might-be-while.html

Jean Howard said...

Ooh I just ordered Laura the other day!! I can't wait to watch it! That's one movie I've been wanting to see for a really long time but somehow, always miss it when it plays on TCM.

Niamhy said...

This movie is so suave (can you use this adjective to describe a movie?)! I love it!

Denise said...

I love Dana. Have you seen him in The Best Years of Our Lives? So, so, so good!

Audrey said...

I want to read your thoughts on this because I have conflicting feelings myself about it. I really like Dana Andrews, but...

Hamlette said...

Oh, ahhhhhh, mmm mmmmm mmmmmmmm. What a joyous morning this is turning out to be! Man, I can't wait for my kids to nap this afternoon so I can watch "Laura." I think it's been over a year since I last saw it and that is a crying shame.

My fave scene is the one where Mark wanders around her apartment, touching her stuff. Communing with her past self in a slightly unsettling, curiously erotic, but never creepy way. I heart Dana!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin