Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy 95th Birthday, Mr. Sinatra!


Frank Sinatra was born on December 11th, 1915. NINETY-FIVE YEARS AGO! Wow! What was the world like 96 years ago?! What did people do without the overwhelming coolness that is Sinatra?! I can't imagine.

There is a quote from the liner-notes of The Heart of the Matter (a random compilation album I own) that I simply adore. It describes The Chairman of the Board so very well!

Sinatra was like some kind of inexplicable Big Bang, all sound exploding out of him and respectfully being bestowed upon a longing audience. His genius aligned with the planets and he sang about the moon and the stars like they were his personal playthings.

That's kind of the essence of complete and utter coolness.



 Happy Birthday to my favorite singer ever....

-Millie

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Aw...happy birthday, Mr. Sinatra! I love him and his incredible voice.

Love that first picture of him!

~Kristin

Sereina said...

I love Frank Sinatra! When I was younger, I listened to on of his CD's that my dad had and I would listen to "New York, New York" all the time. He's pretty much how I came to like old classic music.

AshTreeCottage said...

The epitome of cool!! Happy Birthday Frank!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Kate said...

ugh. love this post...he is my #1 also...can't get enough!

hey, thought you might like this..

http://beautifulrm.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-grant-took-hollywood.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin