Monday, May 30, 2011

Please go unplug the television for me...OR: Why The Magnificent Seven's Theme is a Dangerous Thing



So, today, I suddenly remembered that I need to have Their Eyes Were Watching God read BY TOMORROW (and I just KNOW my professor is going to give a scary quiz on it). I began to furiously read and finished about half of it.

Randomly, my mind stopped and my ears began to concentrate. I couldn't be hearing that. I must be imagining it. NO, NO. IT IS IT.

It IS the glorious theme of The Magnificent Seven that I hear... IT IS CALLING TO ME.



Without realizing it, I set down the book and allowed myself to be led into the other room. Before I could stop myself I was sitting on the couch and halfway through the film. Ah well, it's only two hours or so.

Now, I must return to reading. [ugh.] I must return to normal life -- without a glorious theme. Oh, cruel world...

-Millie (pay no attention to me. I'm a crazy, deranged person.)

9 comments:

Lolita Kane said...

It's almost paranormal, isn't it? Haha.

Niamhy said...

BLASTED CLASSIC FILMS CALLING YOU AWAY FROM VERY IMPORTANT SCHOOL WORK! ;-P

Ben said...

At least it wasn't the Wanted: Dead or Alive theme. DAH dun dun dah dun, DAH dun dun dah dun...

Millie said...

Lolita: That explains so much. ;-D

Irish Leprechaun: SERIOUSLY. NO help at all.

Ben: AGGGKKK! You have discovered my kryptonite. Now, I need to hurry home and have a huge Wanted: Dead or Alive marathon. THANKS A LOT. ;-D

Ben said...

I only have the first part of the first season on dvd. Though I found the rest of the show online. Just never got around to watching the other seasons.

DrGoat said...

Inarguably my favorite western next to the Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

kate gabrielle said...

How many times do I have to tell you, just skip the homework and assignments and watch tv and movies instead. It will make you so happy!!!! ;-D

ANTONIO NAHUD JÚNIOR said...

Gostei do blog. Bravo.

O Falcão Maltês

Leah said...

Awwww man, now I need to go get this from the library again.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin