Monday, June 27, 2011

Batman: The Movie. This IS Mind-Smushing Entertainment - you sad, deprived souls!


When I write  about the "sad, deprived souls," I am NOT talking about my awesome blog followers. No, I am referring to the people who continually give Batman: The Movie (1966) bad reviews and talk about its idiocy and lack of plot.....on and on and on....

Clearly, these people (and there are so many of them) have trouble identifying satire. Because Batman is brilliant, Wowzie Kazam, stupendously amazingly cool satire.

There is no possible way a film that includes exploding sharks, emergency Bat-copter landings at foam mattress conventions, the entire Security Council at the pseudo-U.N. getting disintegrated, and heroic "almost-human" porpoises -- COULD NOT BE COMPLETELY GENIUS.

Which also brings me to another point: Stop telling me that "a little camp goes a long way!" (This phrase is in many even-basically-sympathetic reviews.) I have NO idea what you're talking about. ;-D



Or maybe I just understand this movie because it is dedicated to me?


"Lovers of the ridiculous and the bizarre"? That's definitely not me.

And speaking of this opening title, HOW DO PEOPLE STILL NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE WATCHING AFTER READING THAT?!

There is an IMDb review where someone questions whether, maybe, the film was actually just supposed to be funny.

No, it was definitely Christopher Nolan's inspiration for The Dark Knight, genius.

Is anyone else amused by the fact that I am writing an idiotic, non-nonsensical post at 1 AM just to ridicule people who think that Batman: The Movie is idiotic and makes no sense? OH, WE'RE THE COOL PEOPLE HERE AT CLASSICFOREVER. ;-D

Anyway, those sad, deprived souls who simply cannot comprehend the awe-inspiring power of Batman -- it is for them that I shall write and publish my magnum opus on Mind-Smushing Entertainment.* I've already got two people who are planning on reading it: me and also Marya PROMISED she would read it. haha

So yeah. It's gonna be great, guys. 

I think I'm just gonna go now. ;-D

-Millie

*The Definitive Guide to Mind-Smushing Entertainment still has not found its publisher yet. It also needs to be written. But it WILL happen! It will. ;-D


7 comments:

Emm said...

The 60s TV Batman is my go-to show for cheering myself up. Some people watch I Love Lucy for this purpose. I watch Batman. ;D

And that dedication MIGHT be the most brilliant thing ever. IT IS SO UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY MEANT FOR YOU. And me. After watching the little video, I realize that my life is not quite as complete as I thought it was.

But the real question is...WHEN DO I GET A COPY OF THIS WONDERFUL NON-EXISTENT BOOK?!

Millie said...

Hahaha. Both are good. ;-D

It's pretty brilliant.

You've never seen the movie?! YOU MUST. YOU MUST! TO THE BAT-CAVE, EMM!

hahahaha. I love that video. It has so many great quotes in it: "They may be drinkers, Robin -- but they're still human being."

Also: Only Bruce Wayne quotes Edgar Allan Poe to compliment a girl he likes! ahahah

Oh. Signed copy is so on its way! ;-D

Niamhy said...

I'LL PUBLISH IT! ;-P

And you are making a lot of sense in this post. For I have seen said movie. And found it rather enjoyable. In a 'They Knew This Was Beyond Stupid And It's Supposed To Be Hilarious' way. I greatly approve. ;-P

Sarah said...

My dad keeps trying to get me to watch this - I think he likes mind-smushing entertainment as much as you do!

cinema-fanatic.com said...

just tell me when it's out and I will prepare my mind for smushing!

Simon said...

I have to say that it's really too bad people these days take themselves so seriously. Maybe this whole internet meme thing is a way to escape that after the 90's. Because serious was fun after all that goofy shit, but now that I've been steeped in that for twenty years I wonder why something like old Batman misses its mark with people. I miss fun :P I'd totally pick up that book of yours.

Millie said...

Irish Leprechaun: Oooh. Is this the same publishing house that gave the world Bradford Dillman's biography?! ;-DD

Excellent. haha

Sarah: I think I need to be adopted by your family.

LISTEN TO YOUR FATHER. HE HAS WISDOM. ;-D

Marya: Thank you, truly. haha

Simon: YES. Fun is awesome, as is completely absurdity. I am a great proponent of both. haha

Well, thank you. I'll be sure to notify you when it gets published. ;-D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin