Monday, June 6, 2011

Lovely Lady of the Week: Francoise Hardy

I know, I KNOW, I haven't posted in the series for quite some time. But I was posting Francoise's "La Mer" on Tumblr just now (it's one of my absolute favorite summer songs), and I suddenly decided to resurrect the Lovely Lady series.

It was quite difficult to narrow down the photos from the ones I had saved to Oscar (my laptop. He's actually named after a awesome/famous Oscar!), because Francoise Hardy is a stinkin' style goddess and never looks not-awesome (she's still gorgeous today). Here are a "few" of my favorite photos:









 ^Only Francoise gets away with wearing that. Everyone else would look like a late '90s homeschooler. (COUGH COUGH! Not that I know ANYTHING about being homeschooled in the late '90s. COUGH COUGH!)



My Three Favorite Songs:


"Mon Amie la Rose"


"Tous les Garcons et les Filles"



^Also this is one of my favorite music videos of all time. I used to watch it for hours on repeat when I was avoiding homework on Sunday afternoons.

And a random video of her singing "Le Premier Bonheur du Jour" and looking impossibly gorgeous.

Francoise Hardy is just awesome and practically perfect in every way. ;-D


-Millie

7 comments:

Chloe Lees said...

The 3rd and 4th photos are a couple of my favourites, and Mon Amie la Rose is just wonderful. What a babe!

Niamhy said...

TOO. STINKIN'. COOL.

Audrey said...

I've never heard of her but I agree that she is very lovely. And I want some of those sunglasses. :D

Millie said...

Chloe: She is so perfect -- IT'S INFURIATING! ;-D

Irish Leprechaun: SERIOUSLY.

Audrey: I could have done a post just about her sunglasses. ;-D

Mercurie said...

Have I ever mentioned I have a huge crush on Francoise Hardy? :-)

Ben said...

By gosh, she is pretty! I don't know her story, but I'd like to now.

emma wallace said...

Ooh! She is divine!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin