Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One of my favorite scenes EVER!



What could possibly be more perfect?!

{Well, actually it would be even more perfect if it had James Garner, as he was in it originally. I'm so tired of all the legal fighting over the character of Maverick. Not only will they NOT let me own all of coolness on DVD, THEY WON'T EVEN LET ME WATCH A MAVERICK CAMEO IN A BOB HOPE MOVIE. So unfair.}

But, yeah. This scene is pure perfection. I remember the first time I saw it (I was probably 7 or 8). I couldn't even handle it. All those glorious characters -- and in technicolor!

-Millie

6 comments:

Perfect Number 6 said...

Very cool! I too am very fond of movies in Technicolor.

Irene Palfy said...

I love the Gary Cooper cameo - and his comment.. ;")

Thank you for sharing - and fingers crossed for you that the "Maverick struggle" finally ends - and you'll get your James-Garner-home-edition.. ;")

Emm said...

This is one of my favorite things ever too. And I don't even like Bob Hope much. (There, I said it.)

But EVERYONE is here. Davy Crockett, Matt Dillon, Roy Rogers, Gary Cooper...Except Maverick. BRET, WE NEED YOU!!!!!

DrGoat said...

Don't care for Bob Hope either, but that is one of the greatest things I've seen for a while. All my heroes growing up in the 50s-60s.

DrGoat said...

The ole Man Who Shot Liberty Valance ploy. Love it.

Millie said...

Perfect Number 6: They're so lovely! haha

Irene: Gary Cooper is just awesome!

Emm: WHAT?! WHAT?! What have you seen of him?! Bob is so awesome!

DrGoat: Another non-Bob fan! It's a mutiny! ;-D

I'm glad you enjoyed the clip though! It's so much fun to see all these actors together!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin