Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Ten Greatest Films of All Time. Ever. {According to The Millie.}

Hmmmm. This has been in my drafts for over a month. Clearly, I was just waiting to come back and write explanations for all my choices. I'm not going to. I'm too lazy. HIIIII EVERYONE! I've missed you!

Ahhhh, the infamous "best of" lists.

I'm not gonna lie -- I love them.

I especially love the fascinatingly crazy ones (when people are praising the dumbest movies ever). Those are the most fun. I also enjoy the boring ones. The boring ones are when everyone is like: BRAND NEW INFORMATION! Citizen Kane is THE GREATEST FILM OF ALL TIME. (When I say "boring," I don't mean that Citizen Kane is boring. It certainly isn't. I first watched it when I was ten, and was utterly intrigued. CK is definitely worth all the praise it gets.)

Anyway, *I* was rather bored and decided to create a best of list myself. This one falls under the fascinatingly crazy category (but, hey! At least I controlled myself enough to not include Gidget Goes Hawaiian or Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine!)

These are just ten movies that always leave me amazed. I could have included hundreds of others (and I'm actually quite saddened about the lack of westerns and musicals), but this is what it is....in alphabetical order. ;-D

Gaslight [1944]



His Girl Friday [1940]


It Happened One Night [1934]



Lady From Shanghai [1947]



Laura [1944]


The Lost Weekend [1945]


Rebel Without A Cause [1955]


Shadow of a Doubt [1942]


The Third Man [1949]


To Be Or Not To Be [1942]



What are your top ten most amazingly awesome movies?

-Millie

6 comments:

kate gabrielle said...

These aren't crazy at all!! I think all your choices are brilliant (the only one I haven't seen of the bunch is The Lady from Shanghai but I'll get on that right away!)

SOOOO happy to see a Millie post!! :D I'm such a creeper, I check your blog basically every single morning to see if you have any new posts, then sulk when I see the last one was from September!

Millie said...

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEE! :')

You're not a creeper! YOU'RE MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE PERSON. EVER.

Oh, and I actually had already put TLFS in your NF package haha!

Mercurie said...

I agree with Kate. None of these are crazy. I love all of these films, especially To Be Or Not To Be, The Third Man, and Gaslight!

StanwyckFan said...

Ahhh! You're back! I've been waiting...I'm new though, so you don't know me. :(

"Gaslight" (1944) is a ridiculously amazing movie, and I'm glad you mentioned it as I've been working on my own one of these lists. I also love "His Girl Friday" and "It Happened One Night". I'm afraid I haven't seen most of the others though - I guess I know what I need to do now. :)

~Natalie

Irene Palfy said...

Nice list - agree with so many of those.. Also agree Kate and Mercurie - none of these are crazy.

I could watch GASLIGHT for AAAAAGEESS... same goes for SHADOW OF A DOUBT, LAURA, THE LOST WEEKEND and TO BE OR NOT TO BE.. ;")

Have a great weekend - and good to have you back! (you are back, aren't you?? You won't leave, will you???? please stay!)

Emm said...

Uh-oh. I've only seen six of these. But before you hunt me down, remember that I love beach movies, participate in David Janssen fangirling, and am always available for random Martin Milner conversations.

Basically, I haven't seen the Orson Welles films because I'm still traumatized from that Tyrone Power film where Orson ordered a guy to squish Ty's eyeballs out.

But I am in complete agreement on Gaslight, His Girl Friday, Laura...and Rebel Without a Cause. That's almost a life-changer. (I don't normally look to movies to change my life. But that one just DOES that.) Shadow of a Doubt is THE most brilliant Hitchcock film. Except now, I never really trust Joseph Cotten...

But I am quite disappointed that GGH did not make the list. Really, Millie. That's just not okay. ;D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin