Sunday, December 11, 2011

Suffice to say, I hope Bradford Dillman never Googles his own name.


It's that time of the year again -- almost (I was bored today, okay). Irish Leprechaun and I will once again be hosting THE Bradford Dillman blogathon. Last year, we had several awesome contributions (I particularly LOVED Kate's artwork) and also a few moments of severe fangirling.

We're expecting double this year.

You have NO excuse.

You may have not known who he was last year -- BUT YOU SURE AS HECK KNOW HIM NOW.

Anyway, out of my delirium this afternoon (I'm not feeling quite well), I've created an official trailer for the blogathon. {This is what prompted the title of this post.}

Enjoy its definitely overwhelming perfection and quality!




Oh, and by the way, the title of the blogathon comes from a 2006 Vogue article on Bradford's wife, Suzy Parker. In it, they described Bradford, saying, "He was a jazzier kind of noir." It instantly became my favorite description of him ever and CLEARLY was the only plausible choice for this year's blogathon title.

That is all.

-Millie

10 comments:

Emm said...

I've spent the last 1:57 minutes in utter awe, punctuated with peals of crazy laughter. THE TRAILER IS SO DRAMATIC AND EXCITING. This now holds the world record for "Most Genius Thing Ever Conceived The Millie."

Now I just have to find a Bradford Dillman something-or-other.

Matthew Coniam said...

Re: this post's title -

Do you, though? Wouldn't you just love it if he did, and got in touch?
Or would you
go
all
to
pieces
?

And while we're on the subject, what the heck's this all about?:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2008470/

Millie said...

Emm: Thanks ever so, my dear! haha

Matthew: Yeah. No. I would freak out and then die. Of course considering his many stories about his fans, I definitely wouldn't be the VERY oddest! ;-D

Oh my. Isn't that creepy? The trailer is even scarier. Casey has the inside scoop on that (she contacted them actually). The name use is completely random apparently.

NoirGirl said...

Emm is precisely right - this is the BEST Millie video EVER! I absolutely LOVE that clip with BD doing that carefree dancing!!

I am definitely NO authority on BD, but I want to participate! What is the talking to the teddy bear clip from? How about the dancing? (I also want an excuse to post these 2 minutes of complete perfection on my blog!)

Matthew - I actually know the answer to your question about Being Bradford Dillman! I follow the girl who is making that film on twitter and asked her why she's calling it that. Turns out her mother planned to name her Bradford Dillman before she was born. But they only found out about Bradford Dillman the actor years later. She said her mom probably heard his name while napping in front of the telly. It's quite interesting!

Millie said...

AWWWWW! Yesss! That would be awesome if you participated!

Both of those clips are from Compulsion (a movie that you ABSOLUTELY need to see)!

Oh, that's right! I had forgotten about that! That's so weird/awesome!

Niamhy said...

WHOOP WHOOP...WHOOP WHOOP...

I'm dancing. DANCING, DANCING, DANCING!!!

Rupert said...

I am Facebook friends with one of Bradford and Suzy's children and she posted a holiday photo of her father (Mr. Dillman). I'm sure he'd be flattered by this post.

Leah said...

Millie, you're a hoot! Is B. D.'s smile in the 2nd picture down the one you've talked about previously? *watches trailer* Never mind on that question!

Ohhh - guess what (on a completely random note) I got yesterday???!?!?!

Urno Talbot said...

He is one of those cool actors that never got their due, he is one of my favorites. I have one movie/tv buff friend who would even know who he is so the fact that you do is impressive.

Millie said...

Irish Leprechaun: Excellent! EXCELLENT! ;-D

Rupert: HOLD THE PHONE. What?! I am so jealous of you right now (also not, because then Mr. Dillman would know that he has such creepy fans still...;-D).

Leah: Yes. That is THE smile. haha

And what was that?!

Urno Talbot: I'm so glad to meet another Dillman fan. He is so rarely acknowledged, and he's really just so "cool."

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin