Monday, July 2, 2012

The Return of The Millie



Well, hello there, dear followers! I have missed you!

I never meant to be away so long, but one thing led to another...

I become a responsible adult in April and then I spent the next two months pretending to work hard on studying for finals and finishing high school and such. Mostly, I just watched whole seasons of Survivor on YouTube and played thousands of games of computer solitaire, while staring listlessly off into space contemplating what I was going to do with my life.

On June 16th, I graduated from high school and simultaneously graduated from college with my Associates degree. (I kinda love Glorious Washington's Running Start program, which lets HS juniors and seniors attend college full-time for free!)

In the early hours of June 19th, my first nephew was born. And in the slightly less early -- but still quite ungodly -- hour of 5:00 am, I was at the airport heading to Sierra Leone.

That is where I have since then. I really did not forget about you all!

I honestly kept coming up with random posts that I wanted to write, but it seemed somehow awkward to pop up with my top ten favorite Vincent Price mustaches -- after being away so long. ;-D

Anyway, I'm back. And no more school! This summer is gonna be awesome.

I'll be gone in the fall again, but not to school (I'm waiting a year). Instead, I'm gonna be somewhere in the world. I don't know quite what yet. Perhaps on Mercy Ship in Guinea, West Africa. Perhaps on a YWAM DTS in Switzerland. I really don't know yet. It's gonna be awesome though. I'm super-excited!

Anyway, I'm quite happy to be back. I've been forced to write far too many lucid essays these last six months. I NEED to write some nonsensical loveliness!

-Millie

5 comments:

Emm said...

Favorite Vincent Price Mustaches are NOT awkward. At all.

Sheesh. Your life has been legitimately crazy. All I've been doing is falling in love with a new British actor every other week. And working for $$$ so I can run away to college in 6 months.

I'm looking forward to reading some highly informed posts, hopefully about mind-smushing entertainment. There's been too much quality in my life lately. :D

Simoa said...

Millie! I'm so, so, so, so glad to hear you're doing well! I hope this summer and its adventures are wonderfully thrilling for you! Congratulations on being an aunt (it's a mixed bag sometimes, but lots of fun!!), on finishing school, on your work in Sierra Leone! Did I mention I'm really glad to know you're doing so well? Because I am, and I'm really happy to start talking to you again.

This is the blogger formerly known as Harley, btw. <3

kate gabrielle said...

I'm so glad you're back!! :D I missed you! And I think this Vincent Price mustache post needs to happen soon.

Also, I'm so excited for you about your travel plans but you NEED to find a place that has internet access okay?? Life without The Millie for an extended period of time would be so miserable I'd probably end up destitute lying on a street somewhere begging for money to buy grapefruit juice to drown my sorrows.

Meredith said...

Congratulations to you! Sounds like you've got a lot of great things ahead. :)

Millie said...

Emm: Well, yes, but still. haha

My life has been crazy, because on top of all that, I too have been falling in love with a new accented actor every other week. (And I wish I working for money. haha)

Thanks! :-D

Harley: AWWW, THANKS! I've missed you!

Yes, I quite like being an aunt (I also have a 18 month niece). How are you doing, my dear?

KAAAAAAAAAAAAATE: It shall, some day. When the muse strikes again! ;-D

MILLIE HEARTS KATE. :')

But, seriously, I would die without internet access. And we need to have a long chat soon. I literally have no idea what's going on in your life and that is quite a problem!

Meredith: Thanks! :-D How is your life going?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin