Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I honestly don't know who I am anymore.

So, you know how in the previous post I talked about the fact that I keep -- extremely uncharacteristically -- crying over every stupid movie/television show I watch that has any sort of emotion in it at all?

It's gotten worse, much worse, since then.

I am here to admit an embarrassing story.

Early this morning (like 8:30am -- SO REALLY EARLY), I was driving along to work (I'm an English/writing tutor at my old college) and was listening to a new mix I had made. This mix consisted of a bunch of '60s songs I had never heard before -- but had recently downloaded and burned onto a CD that had a sticker of this photo on it (really don't ask):

Ben Whishaw's rogue hair is eternal.

Anyway, I was driving along rather peacefully in my extremely beat-up Subaru (some day soon it's going to break apart and I'll suddenly see the back half in the lane next to me ala Herbie). I just heard a gorgeous Nina Simone song. I was happy and full of life and joy. Then this song started playing:



Guys. I genuinely had a tear in my eye. GENUINELY.

MOULTY!

I don't even know what to do with myself anymore.

I think I should rename this blog, Things That Make The Millie Cry a Single Tear.

-Millie

Next Up: Millie finds herself crying over the weather report. Overcast with light rain showers. Just like every day in Washington. Millie loves rain. Millie loves Washington. Millie is moved by the constancy, strength, and courage of the weather in its resolve to remain grey 11 1/2 months of the year.

1 comment:

The Metzinger Sisters said...

Your blog just cracks me up!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin