Monday, September 2, 2013

'Ello! I'm Michael Caine. Not many people know that.

I jest. I'm not really Michael Caine.

But, wouldn't that seriously be the greatest reveal ever (if I hadn't already revealed myself in multiple odd video posts). There's always this thing on the internet that the teenage girls are actually creepy old men. But, this time, the teenage girl was actually just Michael Caine acting like a teenage girl.


Or what if I was actually Bruce Dern. Can I be Bruce Dern, please?  I want to be the master of crazy eyes AND be able to sing like Neil Young all at the same time.

ANYWAY.

I actually just popped in to tell you all that I am officially a college student -- once again. After taking a year off after high school/two years of college (I live a complicated life), I am now a junior Cross-Cultural Studies + Psychology (adding that as a major next semester) student at Northwest University.

YAAAAAAY.

Anyway. I am living in the dorms and seriously adult-like. (This is if you ignore the fact that I just had to pause the writing of this blog post to clean up all the sparkling water I just spilled on myself.)

And, I'm totally repping the classics. That's right. I have replica Come September, Notorious, and Tokyo Drifter posters on my wall. AND DR. RICHARD KIMBLE'S WANTED POSTER. What?! Yes. (And like 500 other photos and posters of my favorite classic things/people, because I literally cannot control myself.)

And my roommate and I are totally crazy-cool college kids. In fact, we have a nightly routine -- where at 10:15, we grumble about the loud people outside our window and always want to go yell at them and tell them it's quiet hours.

Instead, we have taken the passive-aggressive approach and written this on our window: "If you want to read poetry, go to the library. We deal in sleep here."

Please take note of the fact that I'm pretty sure that's a Remington Steele quote and therefore we have just proven our crazy-cool college kidness.

Also, last night, there was a tea and British period drama night organized by yours truly, Bruce Dern. There were quite a few of us and we watched Young Victoria. Pretty wild party.

The food here is mostly terrible, I've been living off of mashed potatoes and salad bar. But, Thursdays are make your own stir fry day, so that's exciting. And, I have a rice maker -- so THAT'S exciting. And a fridge: well-stocked with cheese and tofu.

Yup, nearly two weeks in -- and all is well. (Well, meaning that I haven't died. I do have to write like 8 papers and take 5 tests before Wednesday, so.)

I'll be keeping up here as best as I can. (I'm heartbroken at missing Sir Alfred's birthday -- I was camping.) The Fugitive's 50th Anniversary is coming up this month -- PARTY! And, I have several must-watch movies that I will hopefully review. I'm watching Suzuki's Youth of the Beast tonight, because I apparently have never watched it (shock and horror!). After that, I am absolutely watching Darling, BECAUSE I PROMISED KATE LIKE FIVE YEARS AGO AND IT'S A BRITISH MOVIE FROM THE SIXTIES WITH THREE ACTORS THAT I LOVE AND I DON'T KNOW WHY I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET.

Speaking of five years ago, I can't believe I've been blogging here for almost five years. You guys have had the great, GREAT privilege of experiencing almost all my teenage years with me. Basically, this means that you should never read any posts in the back-log. I never delete a post, but I really should consider it. Some of my views of the world are hysterical/frightening. Of course, my opinions are constantly in flux. Mainly, I'm just saying don't get mad at old posts. Just count my latest post as my final word on an issue (until the next post).

Now, I'm getting all sentimental about my teenage years. BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES: ALTERNATE VERSION WHERE DANA ANDREWS WINS ALL THE AWARDS BECAUSE HE DESERVES THEM AND FREDRIC MARCH ALREADY HAS AN OSCAR.

Be seeing you.




6 comments:

Emmy said...

You just managed to be Michael Caine, Bruce Dern, Remington Steele, and Patrick McGoohan all at once. Bravo.

Millie said...

It's a hard life, but somebody's got to do it.

Sarah said...

OKAY BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO WATCH DARLING LIKE, YESTERDAY.

Ain't college grand?! ;D

Millie said...

I didn't even watch Youth of the Beast last night. I promptly fell asleep after writing this post. hahaha

But, yeah. DARLING HAS TOP PRIORITY, OKAY.

It really is, mostly. ;-D

Hamlette said...

I want to live in your alternate reality where Dana gets the awards.

Have fun with the college thing! I loved my college years, had a total blast. And while I didn't have quite such a cool movie poster collection, I did have Zorro on my walls all 4 years, ready to lend a sword whenever I needed it.

Millie said...

Don't we all, don't we all.

Zorro! Clearly, that is the absolute coolest.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin