Monday, December 30, 2013

Eydie Gorme.


I wasn't able to post a proper tribute in August when Eydie Gorme died because of all the craziness with school starting, but I really wanted to do something to remember her special kind of brilliance.

She was exhilarating: beautiful, talented, hilarious, and wonderful.

Eydie was quite immense and brilliant as a solo, but, for me, there is nothing better than watching a Steve + Eydie duet or a Steve + Eydie bantering session. So much greatness.

Because yesterday would have been Steve + Eydie's 56th wedding anniversary, I decided to make a video to remember and celebrate their loveliness.







1 comment:

Juanita's Journal said...

I once heard Edie Gorme and Steve Lawrence do a duet of "Cheek to Cheek". They were just as fabulous vocally, as Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers on their feet.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin