Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ah, the teenage years...



Hello, my lovelies. It has been awhile. I've been insanely busy with school and work. I haven't even had time to talk to myself. Honestly.

Anyway, I just felt that in the midst of all this--I simply must dash off a post and thank you for being faithful readers and friends. Tomorrow is my twentieth birthday. Far from hoping to prompt you all to wish me a happy birthday (YOU SHOULD THOUGH), I simply felt this would be a prime time to reflect on growing old.

You all have had the immense privilege of viewing me through my teenage years. This blog has been running since I was 14, and before that some of you knew from other sources when I was 13.

The seven years of teenagedom are an odd time. It's going to be quite strange not to identify as a teenager. It's so easy. It lowers expectations greatly. The last few years, I have had to learn that I am no longer a classic film child prodigy (10-year-old me had it so easy. I merely mentioned that I had seen Citizen Kane and I was hailed as a genius. Oh, man. Those were the days for an attention-seeking egotist).

Thank you all for sticking with me through my odd views on life and film. Some of these views have changed; others have not (Gidget Goes Hawaiian is a feat of filmmaking. THAT IS ALL.)

Currently, I am waiting for the grey stripe in my pixie cut to set. It is my last act of teenage rebellion. Is is a reversion to my youth? A clever commentary on age and maturity? Have I always wanted to be the Bride of Frankenstein?

Unlike in the past, I will not leave with an emphatic all-caps answer. This one is for you to consider.

Thanks ever so! 





6 comments:

Sarah Mann said...

Happy birthday AGAIN and please post more often because you are great. :)

Millie said...

How fitting that it should be you who comment. Thank you, my dear Sarah.

Simoa said...

MILLIE, MY DARLING, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a great decade you're now heading into, joining the rest of us decrepit and grumpy grandmas/grandpas. (Or rich, eccentric maiden aunts who host murder mystery parties).

I agree with Sarah, please post more.

Hamlette said...

Happy belated birthday! I liked my 20s WAY better than my teens -- hope you do too.

Pokey said...

I agree with Sarah,too.. and Happy Birthday again. (I'm 53 too, but hardly, when it comes to being a first-time consumer of a lot of the stars featured here when they appeared, just as much of a late-born as Sarah & Millie...

Pokey said...

Oh..and happy BELATED birthday...btw..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin